Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Why Python is not so popular? Post 302256617 by gstoychev on Monday 10th of November 2008 09:15:10 AM
Old 11-10-2008
Question Why Python is not so popular?

Hello,
Do you have any suggestions? I want to know your opinions why Python is not so popular in web env. Thank you!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

who's the most popular

hello everyone. i am working on getting my network+ and server+ certs. after that i want to get a unix cert, but i don't know what's the most needed. i've checked the web sites for sun, ibm, and hp and they all claim to have the fastest, most stable, open source compatible unix system that sets all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foustware
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Most popular mail server(MTA)

Which among the following is most popular choice as a mail server - 1)Sendmail 2)Postfix 3)Qmail Which is the industry preferred one? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the top 100 most popular pages

Ok, this is really beyond my scripting skill level so I'm hoping somebody can help me out with this. I have a trace file in the following format: <timestame> <devicenum> <sector address> <size in sectors> <0 or 1 (write or read)> Here is what I need to do. I need to use the <sector address>,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jontjioe
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Any desktop models popular with Red Hat?

I am planning to install the latest version of Red Hat on a desktop computer, and use it as a platform to become more up-to-date on Linux and associated open source applications. I'm thinking to buy a used Dell or HP desktop computer; maybe two or three years old (or newer); on which to install... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarsonsPlanet
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which memory test tool is popular on CentOS 6?

Hi, Which tools or method is popular, simple and effective, to check memory such as bad sector, throughput and performance? Thank you. - j (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
5 Replies

6. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
PRINTENV(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       PRINTENV(1)

NAME
printenv, env -- print out the environment, set and print environment SYNOPSIS
printenv [name] env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
The printenv utility prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name/value pair per line. If name is specified, only its value is printed. Some shells may provide a builtin printenv command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The env utility executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an envi- ronment variable, name, with a value of value. The options are as follows: -i Execute the utility with only those environment values specified. The environment inherited by env is ignored completely. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name/value pair per line. The env utility is sometimes useful with the ``#!'' construct (see execve(2)). The only difference between ``#!/usr/local/bin/foo'' and ``#!/usr/bin/env /usr/local/bin/foo'' is that the latter works even if /usr/local/bin/foo is itself interpreted. Using env this way also allows one to reference foo without the path, as well as set up the environment as desired. ENVIRONMENT
The env utility uses the PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. DIAGNOSTICS
The printenv utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. The env utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The env utility accepts the - option as a synonym for -i. SEE ALSO
csh(1), sh(1), execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The printenv command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The env utility doesn't handle utility arguments with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD