Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing all characters on and before specific point Post 302256587 by Franklin52 on Monday 10th of November 2008 07:18:43 AM
Old 11-10-2008
Code:
awk -F"|" '{print $2 FS $4 FS $8 FS}' file

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test to see if a drive is mounted at a specific point

I have a script that backs up our storage drive daily to one external drive and weekly to another. What I'd like to do is find a way, in the script, to test whether the drives are mounted so that it doesn't accidentally fill up the main drive in the event of a drive failure, etc. Any ideas on how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spectre_240sx
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash take word after specific point and till next space?

Hello, I have an output like Interface Chipset Driver wlan0 Intel 4965/5xxx iwlagn - and I want to take only the 'wlan0' string. This can be done by a="Interface Chipset Driver wlan0 Intel 4965/5xxx iwlagn - " b=${a:25:6} echo $bThe thing is that wlan0 can be something else, like eth0 or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Html parsing - get line after specific string till a point

Hi all :) It sounds complex, for example I want to find the whole html file (there are 5 entries of this string and I need to get all of them) for the string "<td class="contentheading" width="100%">", get the next line from it only till the point that says "</td>", plus removing \t (tabs) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join Lines at a specific point

Hi I'm a beginner, and i've been having trouble joining two lines. I need to convert this file 1097ALABAMA Mobile County METHOMYL INSE CTICIDES 6 1.6200000E+00 1.8000001E+00 1003ALABAMA Baldwin County ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kf_1434
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't figure out how to find specific characters in specific columns

I am trying to find a specific set of characters in a long file. I only want to find the characters in column 265 for 4 bytes. Is there a search for that? I tried cut but couldn't get it to work. Ex. I want to find '9999' in column 265 for 4 bytes. If it is in there, I want it to print... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drenhead
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific characters at specific column positions

Hi all, I need help. I have an input text file (input.txt) like this: 21 GTGCAACACCGTCTTGAGAGG 50 21 GACCGAGACAGAATGAAAATC 73 21 CGGGTCTGTAGTAGCAAACGC 108 21 CGAAAAATGAACCCCTTTATC 220 21 CGTGATCCTGTTGAAGGGTCG 259 Now I need to count A/T/G/C numbers at each character location in column... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thienxho
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isolate first characters until specified point

Hi everyone, I am in a pickle. I need to isolate an element of each line. I have data that looks like this: about+n+n-talk-n about+ns+ns-talk-n about+ns+n-talk-n about+ns+v-say-v as+n-a-j+vp-look-v as+ns+v-come-v as+ns+vn-list-v and I need to isolate all the characterts until the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Round Up with 2 decimal point at specific column

Input file: USA 20.5683 UK 3.54221 Japan 2.54001 China 2.50897 Germany 2.05816 . . Desired output file: USA 20.57 UK 3.54 Japan 2.54 China 2.51 Germany 2.06 . . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Possible to insert a few lines of code into a file at a specific point?

Hi Folks - How would I go about inserting a chunk of lines (3) into a specific portion of a file? The background is I have a script (non shell) that it executed daily, however on Sundays, I uncomment a section of code so that piece can be run as well. So I was hoping to write a piece of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)