Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use fork() in thread
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Use fork() in thread Post 302256571 by Pavel.Bures on Monday 10th of November 2008 06:19:13 AM
Old 11-10-2008
fpmurphy, thanks for the hint!,
I found this post:
comp.unix.programmer: Re: fork() from a thread (pthreads)
That explained all my concerns.

Also Programming with POSIX® Threads by David R. Butenhof explains much of what I needed.

Thanks,
Pavel.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. Programming

Parent Thread Of Child Thread

Parent Thread Of Child Thread Suppose a process creates some threads say threadC and threadD. Later on each of these threads create new child threads say threadC1, threadC2, threadC3 etc. So a tree of threads will get created. Is there any way to find out the parent thread of one such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

3. Programming

Fork thread, Assertion failed. X11.

Hi all. I wrote a program with the Motif Widget Toolkit. It has a button and a scrollbar. When the user hits the button the callback creates a new fork() thread. The new thread sleeps for a while and then changes the position of the scrollbar. It does this in an endless loop. I need the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies
MODERATORS(5)							File Formats Manual						     MODERATORS(5)

NAME
moderators - mail addresses for moderated Usenet newsgroups DESCRIPTION
The GetModeratorAddress(3) routine reads the file /etc/news/moderators to determine how to reach the moderator of a newsgroup. This is used by inews(1) when an unapproved local posting is made to a moderated newsgroup. The file is read until a match is found. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should consist of two fields separated by a colon. The first field is a wildmat(3)-style pattern. If it matches the name of the newsgroup, then the second field is taken to be a format string for sprintf(3). This string should have at most one %s parameter, which will be given the name of the newsgroup with periods transliterated to dashes. Here is a sample file: foo.important:announce-request@foo.com foo.*:%s@mailer.foo.com gnu.*:%s@prep.ai.mit.edu *:%s@uunet.uu.net Using the above file, postings to the moderated newsgroup in the left column will be sent to the address shown in the right column: foo.important announce-request@foo.com foo.x.announce foo-x-announce@mailer.foo.com gnu.emacs.sources gnu-emacs-sources@prep.ai.mit.edu comp.sources.unix comp-sources-unix@uunet.uu.net HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.15, dated 1996/09/06. SEE ALSO
inews(1), inn.conf(5), libinn(3), wildmat(3). MODERATORS(5)