Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: schedule tasks
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting schedule tasks Post 302256112 by bill.zheng on Saturday 8th of November 2008 12:56:49 AM
Old 11-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay83
As far as I know
Crontab is the utulity to schedule tasks to run at specific times.Is there any utility to perform the same task
How about write a daemon and run your task periodly?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repetitive Tasks

Could someone tell me how I can simplify the script that follows!!! I know that there must be a way how to grep Average from sar01.................. sar02 ....................... sar03....................... sar04... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JairGuerra
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with tasks!

Hi guys! I have a dummy question for u :p I cant find a solution for these tascks...tried everything (i know :cool: ). 1 Issue the following command sleep 1000 Note that sleep 1000 waits 1000 seconds!!! You cannot do anything now!!! 2 Open another terminal window and enter the tty... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RomeO
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does the Kernal schedules Tasks?

hello all, as we know that the kernal Schedules tasks with some time slice given to each. how does the Kernal know that the time of a Task has been elapsed? does it follow the syatem Clock?or how? thanks for your time (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scheduling tasks with cron

hello there, i'm learning about task scheduling with cron and all seems hyper exciting, yeppie. But there is a prob: assume i have a script that needed to be executed at 7am everyday. I could do: vi mycron 00 7 * * * echo hi mother, i wanna be a script daddy. :wq crontab mycron how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
4 Replies

5. Solaris

nfs administrative tasks

I have been reading and implementing the tasks of nfs admin on the sun docs website but my nfs is still not working. Seems like the instructions on website just end all of a sudden without completing the instructions. Anycase, this is what i have checked/did. We had nfs filesystem before our... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lombard_c
1 Replies

6. AIX

Junior SA Tasks?

I've been given more responsibility at work and was basically told to take junior system admin responsibilities over our aix box. The catch is, I need to learn on my own. I know basics, but what are some task that I could perform on a daily basis for starters? We have a support group, but not so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Projects / Tasks / Zones

Hi there Created some zones on my m5000, both going to be used for oracle. Been reading up about how solaris 10 has made tuning of the /etc/system file redundant and the use of rctladm / projects have taken over. Been reading the manuals, but my head is about to explode. Thought I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Hello.. can someone help my with this tasks?

1. Write a shell program which renames the current directory with the given file extension to another extension. The playoffs are given on the command line. Example usage: $ Rename txt doc will be renamed: aaa.txt in aaa.doc Juhutxt in Juhudoc ... * To solve, you can also help with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclip
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule tasks in shell script

shell=ksh, How could I schedule tasks in shell script INSTEAD OF using the crontab -e functionality? For example, I want a script to print "Hello World" every 10 seconds (i.e., INTERVAL = 10s) until external termination signal is triggered. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doing multiple tasks in a loop.

I am in the process of updating a folder of hundreds of recipe html files. I've already managed to modify a number of things in each file but I have run into something that's beyond my ability. I have a text file that I need to insert the contents into the html at a specific point. It creates... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trapper
0 Replies
iv_task(3)						    ivykis programmer's manual							iv_task(3)

NAME
iv_task_register, iv_task_unregister, iv_task_registered - deal with ivykis tasks SYNOPSIS
#include <iv.h> struct iv_task { void *cookie; void (*handler)(void *); }; void IV_TASK_INIT(struct iv_task *task); void iv_task_register(struct iv_task *task); void iv_task_unregister(struct iv_task *task); int iv_task_registered(struct iv_task *task); DESCRIPTION
The functions iv_task_register and iv_task_unregister register, respectively unregister, a task with the current thread's ivykis event loop. iv_task_registered on a task returns true if that task is currently registered with ivykis. A task is like a timer, but with an immediate timeout. When a task is registered, unless it is unregistered again first, the callback function specified by ->handler is guaranteed to be called once, in the thread that the task was registered in, some time after control returns to the ivykis main loop but before ivykis will sleep for more events, with ->cookie as its first and sole argument. When this hap- pens, the task is transparently unregistered. Tasks are mainly used for scheduling code for execution where it is not appropriate to directly run that code in the calling context (for example, because the current context might be run as a callback function where the caller expects certain conditions to remain invariant after the callback completes). The application is allowed to change the ->cookie and ->handler members at any time. A given struct iv_task can only be registered in one thread at a time, and a task can only be unregistered in the thread that it was regis- tered from. There is no limit on the number of tasks registered at once. See iv_examples(3) for programming examples. SEE ALSO
ivykis(3), iv_examples(3) ivykis 2010-08-15 iv_task(3)