Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Anyone ever used qemu and networked it ? Post 302256078 by russian460 on Friday 7th of November 2008 09:49:09 PM
Old 11-07-2008
Anyone ever used qemu and networked it ?

hi i got a virtual linux machine running on qemu
my problem is connecting it to the internet
im a bit confused weather i have to make a virtual network card in qemu
and than tun tap it?
can anyone thats done it before help me out?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Can you set up a networked printer as a local print queue?

Fairly simple question, I think. Still trying to get my head around AIX print queues. Most of our problems seem to stem from print queues going down. This generates help-desk calls when users call up to get their queues started or to get rid of the emails that qdaemon sends them. Looking at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

QEMU not booting my image

hello all, I have been trying to boot an image (.IMG) using qemu, for quite some time now and i can't seem to get it to work. I've been able to boot from the Windows XP CD, the Debian iso image, etc, so I know qemu is configured properly and is working. But when it come to booting an image that I... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
34 Replies

3. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Create a Bridge for Qemu using only loopback

hello networking folks, i have 3 virtual machines that need to talk to each other How can i create a bridge to loopback ? -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap1 where tap1 is connected to lo:1 , tap2 is connected to lo:2 etc thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TwiceDone
0 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

QEMU performance?

Heyas So, i like doing custom a LiveImage of my OS. Using Redhats kickstart/livecd-creator method. Anyway, so i would like to test the liveimages... AND also, i WOULD like to install FreeBSD, Solaris, or whatever, onto a Virtual Machine. I used to use Oracles Virtualbox, but eversince... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

6. BSD

How to install Ultrix 4.2 on Qemu?

Hi Problem changed. I've got a message showing on the screen which says Guest has not initialized the display (yet) Any how I can fix this? Thanks Jack (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
4 Replies
libguestfs-test-tool(1) 				      Virtualization Support					   libguestfs-test-tool(1)

NAME
libguestfs-test-tool - Diagnostics for libguestfs SYNOPSIS
libguestfs-test-tool [--options] DESCRIPTION
libguestfs-test-tool is a test program shipped with libguestfs to allow you to check basic libguestfs functionality is working. This is needed because libguestfs occasionally breaks for reasons beyond our control: usually because of changes in the underlying qemu or kernel packages, or the host environment. If you suspect a problem in libguestfs, then just run: libguestfs-test-tool It will print lots of diagnostic messages. If it runs to completion successfully, you will see this near the end: ===== TEST FINISHED OK ===== and the test tool will exit with code 0. If it fails (and/or exits with non-zero error code), please paste the complete, unedited output of the test tool into a bug report. More information about reporting bugs can be found on the <http://libguestfs.org/> website. OPTIONS
--help Display short usage information and exit. --qemu qemu_binary If you have downloaded another qemu binary, point this option at the full path of the binary to try it. --qemudir qemu_source_dir If you have compiled qemu from source, point this option at the source directory to try it. -t N --timeout N Set the launch timeout to "N" seconds. The default is 600 seconds (10 minutes) which does not usually need to be adjusted. -V --version Display the libguestfs version number and exit. TRYING OUT A DIFFERENT VERSION OF QEMU
If you have compiled another version of qemu from source and would like to try that, then you can use the --qemudir option to point to the qemu source directory. If you have downloaded a qemu binary from somewhere, use the --qemu option to point to the binary. Note when using these options, you can ignore the business of qemu wrapper scripts ("QEMU WRAPPERS" in guestfs(3)), since libguestfs-test- tool writes a wrapper script for you if one is needed. TRYING OUT A DIFFERENT KERNEL
If you are using febootstrap >= 3.8 then you can select which kernel libguestfs tries. You do this by setting the environment variables "FEBOOTSTRAP_KERNEL" and/or "FEBOOTSTRAP_MODULES". Refer to "ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES" in febootstrap-supermin-helper(8) for further information. SELF-DIAGNOSIS Refer to "APPLIANCE BOOT PROCESS" in guestfs(3) to understand the messages produced by libguestfs-test-tool and/or possible errors. EXIT STATUS
libguestfs-test-tool returns 0 if the tests completed without error, or 1 if there was an error. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
For the full list of environment variables which may affect libguestfs, please see the guestfs(3) manual page. SEE ALSO
guestfs(3), <http://libguestfs.org/>, <http://qemu.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 libguestfs-test-tool(1)