Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Re-arrangement of data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Re-arrangement of data Post 302255812 by radoulov on Friday 7th of November 2008 07:01:26 AM
Old 11-07-2008
Could you post the content of your script?
You should substitute infile with your real filename.

Did you try the perl solution?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file arrangement

Dear UNIX experts: Hi, I have a text file which the contents are arranged vertically down, line by line. How do use a loop (I think) to make it arrange in vertical arrangement with a tab delimitated and write to a new file? Eg: of source file Hello World Good-day Thanks Welcome The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: merry susana
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data arrangement

I have these following data: Home Tom Member List 100 Yes 200 No Home Tom Member List 1 No 2 Yes Home Tome Member List 3 No 400 Yes I want my data to be consistants like this: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cell arrangement

I have a data file with hundreds of lines: I want to place a YES right below the line that say mydata....can someone please help! on the left is my the original data on the right the data format need to be: left > Right mydata > mydata yes > yesno > no mydata > mydata... (12 Replies)
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data arrangement

10 2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 20 3 2 1 3 2 9 8 2 1 Need the data to be arranged: 10 2 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 20 3 2 1 1 2 3 8 2 9 please help! (6 Replies)
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on file arrangement

Can anyone help me on this. I have a file that looks like this: color red green blue color pink yellow number one two gender male gender female The output would look like this: color red green blue pink yellow number one two gender male female I have over 5000 rows and i dont want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kharen11
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting/arrangement problem

Hi, I have the following 'sorting' problem. Given the input file: a:b:c:12:x:k s:m:d:8:z:m a:b:c:1:x:k p:q:r:23:y:m a:b:c:3:x:k p:q:r:1:y:m the output I expect is: a:b:c:1:x:k p:q:r:1:y:m s:m:d:8:z:m What happened here is I grouped together lines having the same values for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to data re-arrangement problem

Input file <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data re-arrangement problem facing

Input file: <symbol>Q9Y8G1</symbol> <name>Q9Y8G1_EMENI</name> <symbol>Q6V953</symbol> <symbol>Q5B8K1</symbol> <name>Q6V953_EMENI</name> <symbol>G1A416</symbol> <name>G1A416_9FUNG</name> <symbol>D4N894</symbol> <name>D4N894_PLEER</name> <symbol>B0FFU4</symbol>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data re-arrangement

Hi I have a huge problem to solve ASAP. Can someone please help!!! My format is arranged in this format: It has three columns. LOGIN ALIAS REC_ID A BB1 0 A ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mapilo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retreive data with arrangement

Hi all I have following part of a big file TTDS00002 Synonyms M1 receptor TTDS00002 Disease Alzheimer's disease TTDS00002 Disease Bronchospasm (histamine induced) TTDS00002 Disease Cognitive deficits TTDS00002 Disease Schizophrenia TTDS00002 Function The muscarinic acetylcholine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kareena
2 Replies
PS2EPSI(1)                                                       Ghostscript Tools                                                      PS2EPSI(1)

NAME
ps2epsi - generate conforming Encapsulated PostScript SYNOPSIS
ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] (Unix) ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epi ] (DOS) DESCRIPTION
ps2epsi uses gs(1) to process a PostScript(tm) file and generate as output a new file which conforms to Adobe's Encapsulated PostScript Interchange (EPSI) format. EPSI is a special form of encapsulated PostScript (EPS) which adds to the beginning of the file in the form of PostScript comments a bitmapped version of the final displayed page. Programs which understand EPSI (usually word processors or DTP pro- grams) can use this bitmap to give a preview version on screen of the PostScript. The displayed quality is often not very good (e.g., low resolution, no colours), but the final printed version uses the real PostScript, and thus has the normal PostScript quality. USAGE
On Unix systems invoke ps2epsi like this: ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] where "infile.ps" is the input file and "outfile.epsi" is the resulting EPSI file. If the output filename is omitted, it is generated from the input filename. When a standard extension (".ps", ".cps", ".eps" or ".epsf") is used, it is replaced with the output extension ".epsi". On DOS systems the command is: ps2epsi infile.ps outfile.epi where "infile.ps" is the original PostScript file, and "outfile.epi" is the name of the output file. LIMITATIONS
Not every PostScript file can be encapsulated successfully, because there are restrictions on what PostScript constructs a correct encapsu- lated file may contain. ps2epsi does a little extra work to try to help encapsulation, and it automatically calculates the bounding box required for all encapsulated PostScript files, so most of the time it does a pretty good job. There are certain to be cases, however, where the encapsulation does not work because of the content of the original PostScript file. COMPATIBILITY
The Framemaker DTP system is one application which understands EPSI files, and ps2epsi has been tested on a number of PostScript diagrams from a variety of sources, using Framemaker 3.0 on a Sun workstation. Framemaker on other platforms should be able to use these files, although I have not been able to test this. FILES
ps2epsi Unix shell script ps2epsi.bat DOS batch file ps2epsi.ps the Ghostscript program which does the work SEE ALSO
gs (1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.70. However, the content may be obsolete, or inconsistent with ps2epsi.txt. AUTHOR
George Cameron 8.70 31 July 2009 PS2EPSI(1)