Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Macbook - Best way to use Linux software? Post 302255784 by satyam90 on Friday 7th of November 2008 05:27:13 AM
Old 11-07-2008
Mac has a frame work called Cocoa and Carbon. You can write applications using that framework. You must user Obj C or Java. Mac has Qt which can be downloaded from Qt website.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What do you think the best linux software is.

Im am interested in switching to linux, I am sick of dealing with windows. I know a decent amount about computer, and alot about windows. But not much about Unix. Although i am learing it for school. for school we use fedora core which I find cool and interesting. But in your opinion what i the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekmpage
3 Replies

2. Linux

Software RAID on Linux

Hey, I have worked with Linux for some time, but have not gotten into the specifics of hard drive tuning or software RAID. This is about to change. I have a Dell PowerEdge T105 at home and I am purchasing the following: 1GBx4 DDR2 ECC PC6400 RAM Rosewill RSV-5 E-Sata 5 bay disk enclosure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
6 Replies

3. Linux

Hide my ip software for linux

Hi, Please suggest me some hide my ip softwares which run on linux(fedora) System (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman
6 Replies

4. AIX

Linux software on AIX 5.3

Hi Team, On a client requirement, we need to install below Linux software on IBM AIX 5.3 operating system, Apache Maven 3.2.3 MySQL 5.1.73, Sonarqube 4.1.2, Apache Tomcat 7.0.42, Jenkins 1.549 Please tell us whether above tool versions are compatible to AIX 5.3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnr.simha23
4 Replies
CHRT(1) 							Linux User's Manual							   CHRT(1)

NAME
chrt - manipulate real-time attributes of a process SYNOPSIS
chrt [options] prio command [arg]... chrt [options] -p [prio] pid DESCRIPTION
chrt(1) sets or retrieves the real-time scheduling attributes of an existing PID, or runs COMMAND with the given attributes. Both policy (one of SCHED_OTHER, SCHED_FIFO, SCHED_RR, SCHED_BATCH, or SCHED_IDLE) and priority can be set and retrieved. The SCHED_BATCH policy is supported since Linux 2.6.16. The SCHED_IDLE policy is supported since Linux 2.6.23. The SCHED_RESET_ON_FORK flag for policies SCHED_RR and SCHED_FIFO is supported since Linux 2.6.31. OPTIONS
-p, --pid operate on an existing PID and do not launch a new task -b, --batch set scheduling policy to SCHED_BATCH (Linux specific) -f, --fifo set scheduling policy to SCHED_FIFO -i, --idle set scheduling policy to SCHED_IDLE (Linux specific) -m, --max show minimum and maximum valid priorities, then exit -o, --other set policy scheduling policy to SCHED_OTHER -r, --rr set scheduling policy to SCHED_RR (the default) -R, --reset-on-fork add SCHED_RESET_ON_FORK flag to the SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR scheduling policy (Linux specific) -v, --verbose show status information -h, --help display usage information and exit -V, --version display version information and exit USAGE
The default behavior is to run a new command:: chrt prio command [arguments] You can also retrieve the real-time attributes of an existing task: chrt -p pid Or set them: chrt -p prio pid PERMISSIONS
A user must possess CAP_SYS_NICE to change the scheduling attributes of a process. Any user can retrieve the scheduling information. NOTES
Only SCHED_FIFO, SCHED_OTHER and SCHED_RR are part of POSIX 1003.1b Process Scheduling. The other scheduling attributes may be ignored on some systems. AUTHOR
Written by Robert M. Love. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Robert M. Love This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
taskset(1), nice(1), renice(1) See sched_setscheduler(2) for a description of the Linux scheduling scheme. AVAILABILITY
The chrt command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. schedutils June 2010 CHRT(1)