Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: related to mounting.......
Operating Systems Solaris related to mounting....... Post 302255715 by incredible on Friday 7th of November 2008 02:07:54 AM
Old 11-07-2008
Nope you can't and you're not advised to try to do so

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

x windows related

Hello, I am learning X/Motif programming.I wanted some information about how to create animations using this. can you please suggest me some website which contains this information?? I did not know where to post this thread.So I just posted it here. Thanks in advance. shilpa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: informshilpa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPIO related

i have a cpio.z file containing another cpio file . I want to view the contents of the cpio file inside . How to do it? my parent cpio file invoked with cpio -itv looks some thing like ompmum4 sbadgire> zcat 210_2122_ECP_03.cpio.Z| cpio -itv -rwxr-xr-x 1 20519 20519 761856... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Related

well through my 6 months education i know some unix os but i can't find one for my p3 via board can any one tell me where to find such please replay as email or private msg and thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaMaL
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

related to sed

hi how can we change only the first ocurrence of a pattern using sed thank u (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahana
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount related

I mounted /dev/sda1 to /mnt/drive_first folder... so, how can get where the sda1 mounted programmingly or vice versa Thanx:p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macroideal
1 Replies

6. AIX

vio related

In a dual vio, how will u know one lpar is in which vio? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shobhan.murthy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtualization Related Help!!

Hi, My script needs to find out if it is running on a virtual machine. If it is then it needs to find out. 1 . The number of virtual processors. 2 . Actual physical box onto which the virtual machine is hosted. 3 .Processors on the physical machine. Actually there are some commands like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need downloading related help...but its not related to unix

Hi All, I am trying to dowmload the zip file "zkManageCustomers.zip " but i dont have access. Can anyone help me to download this file See the below link- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/wa-aj-open/index.html?ca=drs- Please help me as early as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail related

I have maintaining 16 client PCs.I want to get a mail from client PCs whenever any one of the services are not working.Services like postgres ,sms , jts and synch etc.,The Client PCs are remotely placed.I want to develop this through shell script ,But I don't have an idea to develop this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)