Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: related to mounting.......
Operating Systems Solaris related to mounting....... Post 302255715 by incredible on Friday 7th of November 2008 02:07:54 AM
Old 11-07-2008
Nope you can't and you're not advised to try to do so

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

x windows related

Hello, I am learning X/Motif programming.I wanted some information about how to create animations using this. can you please suggest me some website which contains this information?? I did not know where to post this thread.So I just posted it here. Thanks in advance. shilpa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: informshilpa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPIO related

i have a cpio.z file containing another cpio file . I want to view the contents of the cpio file inside . How to do it? my parent cpio file invoked with cpio -itv looks some thing like ompmum4 sbadgire> zcat 210_2122_ECP_03.cpio.Z| cpio -itv -rwxr-xr-x 1 20519 20519 761856... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Related

well through my 6 months education i know some unix os but i can't find one for my p3 via board can any one tell me where to find such please replay as email or private msg and thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaMaL
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

related to sed

hi how can we change only the first ocurrence of a pattern using sed thank u (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahana
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount related

I mounted /dev/sda1 to /mnt/drive_first folder... so, how can get where the sda1 mounted programmingly or vice versa Thanx:p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macroideal
1 Replies

6. AIX

vio related

In a dual vio, how will u know one lpar is in which vio? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shobhan.murthy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtualization Related Help!!

Hi, My script needs to find out if it is running on a virtual machine. If it is then it needs to find out. 1 . The number of virtual processors. 2 . Actual physical box onto which the virtual machine is hosted. 3 .Processors on the physical machine. Actually there are some commands like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need downloading related help...but its not related to unix

Hi All, I am trying to dowmload the zip file "zkManageCustomers.zip " but i dont have access. Can anyone help me to download this file See the below link- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/wa-aj-open/index.html?ca=drs- Please help me as early as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail related

I have maintaining 16 client PCs.I want to get a mail from client PCs whenever any one of the services are not working.Services like postgres ,sms , jts and synch etc.,The Client PCs are remotely placed.I want to develop this through shell script ,But I don't have an idea to develop this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies
shownonascii(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   shownonascii(1)

NAME
shownonascii - View all or part of a mail message in a non-ASCII font SYNOPSIS
shownonascii charset-font-name [-e command-to-execute] file-name(s) DESCRIPTION
The shownonascii program allows data in non-ASCII character sets to be viewed under X11. By default, it will open up an xterm using the font named in the first argument, running the "more" command to view all of the files named on the command line. If the -e switch is used, the rest of the command line will be taken as the command to tell xterm to run instead of more. If the MM_CHARSET environment variable is set and matches the character set named in the first argument, a new xterm window will not be opened. If the MM_AUXCHARSETS environment variable is set the character set named in the first argument is a subset of that string, a new xterm window will not be opened. SEE ALSO
mailto-hebrew(1), mailto(1), metamail(1) BUGS
Nope. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 shownonascii(1)