Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SFTP error: no such file or directory Post 302255712 by shalini@@@ on Friday 7th of November 2008 01:54:48 AM
Old 11-07-2008
SFTP error: no such file or directory

Hi All,

I am using a shell script for SFTPing the files to target server. The problem which I am facing is that even if the files are not transferred, the script finishes successfully. I want the script to fail in case the remote directory does not exists.

The script which I am using is as follows:

NO_OF_RETRY_ATTEMPTS=5
RETRY_INTERVAL=1
RETRY_COUNTER=1
while [ $RETRY_COUNTER -lt $NO_OF_RETRY_ATTEMPTS ]
do
echo $RUN_ID : Trying To Connect To The SFTP Location : $HOST Attempt No : $RETRY_COUNTER >> $SFTP_LOG

sftp -o "IdentityFile $HOME/.ssh/id_rsa" $USER@$HOST <<EOF 1> ${SFTP_LOG} 2> ${SFTP_LOG}
cd $REMOTE_PROCESSING_ZONE
lcd $PROCESSING_ZONE
mput $FILENAME
chmod 777 $FILENAME

bye

EOF

if [ -f $SFTP_LOG ]
then
RESPONSE_MSG=`grep -c "No such file or directory" $SFTP_LOG`
if [ $RESPONSE_MSG -gt 0 ]
then
echo $RUN_ID : The Remote Directory Does Not Exist. >> $SFTP_LOG
RETURNCODE=1
exit $RETURNCODE
fi

RESPONSE_MSG=`grep -c "Connection timed out" $SFTP_LOG`
if [ $RESPONSE_MSG -gt 0 ]
then
echo $RUN_ID : Could Not Connect To FTP Location In Attempt - $RETRY_COUNTER >> $SFTP_LOG
RETRY_COUNTER=$RETRY_COUNTER + 1

if [ $RETRY_COUNTER -lt $NO_OF_RETRY_ATTEMPTS ]
then
echo $RUN_ID : Waiting For $RETRY_INTERVAL Before Re-Attempt.>> $SFTP_LOG
sleep $RETRY_INTERVAL
else

echo $RUN_ID : Could Not Connect To FTP Location Event After Re-Attempts.>> $SFTP_LOG
RETURNCODE=2
exit $RETURNCODE

fi

else
echo $RUN_ID : The File Has Been Transferred To The Target Zone. >> $SFTP_LOG
RETURNCODE=0
exit $RETURNCODE
fi

fi
done

In this script, I am trying to search for the error message in log file but the problem is there is no error message in log file even if $REMOTE_PROCESSING_ZONE does not exists.
My concern is that for handling the errors , atleast the errors should be present in log file.

Can anybody guide how to correct this issue. The same script was working fine 2 days back but not now.

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a file on remote directory using sftp

Hi, My requirement is to sftp a file from one server to another.After the file is completely transferrred, i should be able to create a text(dummy) file on the remote directory. How could this be accomplished. Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borncrazy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error transferring large file using sftp protocol

Hello All, I am not able to transfer large file completely (more than 60 MB) through automated SFTP script. It transfers only the partial file (approximately 55 MB) and it stops. I use "expect" command to transfer file in a automatic mode through script. The file transfer rate i get is around... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant.patel
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp can't fine batchfile "No such file or directory"

Hi, I've got a C program that is using execlp to run a non-interactive sftp (using a batchfile) session to send some files to another system. Just before doing that, I create the batchfile called sftp_batch on the fly: V8_26_1:sun-->cat /workspace/sftp_batch cd /tmp/newsftp put test.file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fiaran
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Does directory exist?

Hi, Im trying to add some validation into my shell script code that basically checks whether a directory exists before SFTP'ing a file to it. If the directory exists then it will add the file, if not then it should return some kind of message. This is the code I have written so far but with no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jack_Maloney
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] SFTP error - Couldn't close file: Failure

I am trying to send a file from my 9000 box to a vendor using sftp and I am getting this error: Couldn't close file: Failure Here are the results of my automated script: Connected to yyy.com. sftp> pwd Remote working directory: / sftp> cd xxxxx/yyyyy_TEST/TEST sftp> put FILE FILETEST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nickg
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Listing from remote to loca directory using SFTP

Hello, Using ftp i was able to get a directory listing to local directory. ftp - i <host_name> ftp <user> ftp <password> dir <dir> 200 PORT command successful 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list -rw-rw-r-- 1 <uuu> <kkk> 160384 Apr 13 19:38 walmart.txt 226... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sftp user chrooted in a directory

Hello, I have a task to create 3 users that must connect only via sftp on a machine, and must have only read access to a certain directory (thay shouldn;t be able to cd anywhere else) The problem is that the directory where these users must have access to, it's already created/owned by another... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error while renaming the file in SFTP Session

Hi All Below is the script I am trying to execute to rename a file in an SFTP session. It is in GNU/Linux. This script is for generic use and so I am passing arguments. Everything in the script works fine except "reading the filename in SFTP session" In the below script the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)