Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using list only file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using list only file Post 302255702 by er_zeeshan05 on Friday 7th of November 2008 01:16:49 AM
Old 11-07-2008
it wont work in script

it work if i run it at individual level on command task
but when i use it in script it wont workSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List certain file in a folder and make list

Hi, im having problem that frustate me today. there are list of file in a folder that i want to grab the folder /subject/items/ in this folder there are this file CREATE_SUBxxxx.xml UPDATE_SUBxxxx.xml DELETE_SUBxxxx.xml loginresponsexxxxx.xml core how can i grab all the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrisetia
1 Replies

2. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list

Hi Experts. I need to list the file and the filename comes from the file ListOfFile.txt. Basicly I have a filename "ListOfFile.txt" and it contain Example of ListOfFile.txt /home/Dave/Program/Tran1.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran2.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran3.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran4.P... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl qw list to text file list?

Does anyone have a good example? I am having trouble looping.. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping inside directories based on a file which contains file directory list

Hi All, Please help. I have got a file which contains a listing of a file and some directories after it, one by one. I am calling this file xyz.txt here file1 dir1 dir2 dir3 dir4 file2 dir5 dir6 dir7 dir8 file3 dir9 dir10 dir11 dir12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Piyush Jakra
6 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Loop to Convert a list from an input file and output it to another file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A) Write a script, which will take input from a file and convert the number from Centigrade to Fahrenheit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AliTheSnake
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the file names available on FTP server before selecting the required file

Below is my script code.which shows the environment name and then fetch the file from the ftp server but I am facing one issue.The script should be run in both way.We can pass the arguments with script and select the environment name then file name.Here the issue is I am not able to list the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move file from one directory and update the list file once moved.

Dears, I have a listfile contains list of files path. i need to read the line of the listfile mv the file to other directory and update the listfile by deleting the lines of the listfile. #!/bin/bash target=/fstest/INVESTIG/Sadiq/TEST_ARCH while read -r line || ]; do mv $line... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
19 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)