Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get coprocess output into var Post 302255596 by Annihilannic on Thursday 6th of November 2008 07:31:10 PM
Old 11-06-2008
Yep, I know exactly what you mean... although that shouldn't hinder my solution above unless the uptime output doesn't contain "average:". I had the same problem as you with a large number of systems and expect, just trying to find regex that matched the various "password:", "Password:", "password: ", etc. and shell prompts was a challenge. Sometimes it's simpler to just issue a PS1=expectshellprompt: or similar as the first command!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I/O redirection within a coprocess

Hello everybody, I have a question about I/O redirection within a coprocess. I want to setup a coprocess and then redirect output to a file on a remote machine. Here's some Perderabo code modified exec 4>&1 # # Section 1 --- Prove that we can talk with the hosts in HOSTLIST # ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mugin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Coprocess Performance Question

I am wracking my brains over this. I am trying to use a Korn Shell script to execute an Oracle PL/SQL procedure, using the Oracle command line interface (sqlplus). The script starts sqlplus in a coprocess, and the two processes communicate using a two-way pipe. The bgnice option is off, so both... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Puddephat
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - coprocess???

Hi can any one let me know if awk doesnt work with the coprocess??? I have tried a simple example mentioned below but couldnt get it working seems like awk doesnt work with the coprocess concept. I would appreciate very much for any inputs on this. exec 4>&1 awk -v count=$COUNT >&4 2>&4 |&... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning (numeric) command output to var tcsh

Hello, I'm trying to assign a numeric value that is returned from one of my programs to a variable in tcsh. I want to do: @ r10 = './my_prog file 35' where ./my_prog file 35 returns a decimal value, but this doesn't work. How do I achieve the desired result? Janet (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psran
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH, coprocess and SSH

Hi there, I want to connect to a Cisco router with a KSH script via coprocess: telnet 192.168.2.82|& print -p “login” print -p "password" With telnet it works. Now I want to use SSH: ssh -T -l login 192.168.2.82|& print -p "password" The router answer me I enter a bad... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sylvainkalache
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate piped output and some var?

Hello, There is pipe chain and I want concacenate piped data with some variable: balh blah| ... $var1 What command I should use instead ... to concatenate piped output with $var1. I think I coud solve this using temp var - but could it be done in one line like sample above ? thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL/Plus in a coprocess example. Also saves query results into shell variables

While assisting a forum member, I recommended running SQL/Plus in a coprocess (to make database connections and run a test script) for the duration of his script rather than starting/stopping it once for every row in a file he was processing. I recalled I made a coprocess example for folks at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to separate my /var/adm/messages output

Hi, Please help to seprate my /var/adm/messages output. Than i want to take this output in the excel. e,g cat /var/adm/messages Sep 4 10:16:52 ibsadm1 inetd: vnetd from 172.17.5.20 38353 Sep 4 10:16:52 ibsadm1 inetd: bpcd from 172.17.5.20 915 Sep 4 10:16:55 ibsadm1 inetd: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirjhar17
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not logging ftp connections in /var/adm/wtmpx file (in last command output)

Hi all, I have F5 load balancer on my system and checking service status by opening an ftp session in every 30 seconds. These ftp sessions are being logged in /var/adm/wtmpx and filling up the file. when i run the last command most of the output is this ftp session. I was wondering if there is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cepxat
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk command to output in var

Hi I have this command, which counts number of lines in a specific file and then prints it on screen.nawk 'NF{c++}END{print "Number of GPS coordinates in file: "c}' $filename I would like to have the output put into a variable, but can't seem to find the correct argument for it. How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulleteyedk
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)