Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check Word if exist on file or not Post 302255545 by LinuxCommandos on Thursday 6th of November 2008 04:11:07 PM
Old 11-06-2008
Check Word if exist on file or not

Hello,
I want to check if some word exist or not on some file

By Example :
word is : nixcraft
file called : /root/shell.txt

and i want to check if nixcraft word exist on /root/shell.txt file with if statement or another tool

Any Ideas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if the file exist or not?

say i would like to check if the file is existed before i use rm command. How can i do it? i know if i can use find, but i would like to have a good interface (in a shell script) thks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi Does anybody know how I can check if a file exists i.e. see bellow, this doesn't work by the way and if tried countless variations on this file1=$one/file111.txt if then echo "Present" else echo "Not present" fi result : Not present (file is already present, eventhough its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file exist issue

I have created two scripts, one with hardcoded and another one with extract from file instead of hardcoded, script:1 -------- #!/bin/ksh filename="$one/file1.dat" if then echo "$filename has arrived." >> $logfile else echo "$filename has NOT yet arrived." >> $logfile fi :> Result:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi, I am trying to create a bash script which will check if file exist then remove that file else do nothing. I have to do same process for three files in same script. I have written code for one file and trying to run it. if then rm -r /user1/abc/File1 fi When I run this code it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palak08
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi, I created following script to check if file exist: #!/bin/bash SrcDir=$1 SrcFileName=$2 SrcTimePeriod=$3 if ;then echo 1 else echo 0 fi I ran it like: /apps/Scripts/FileExist.sh /apps/Inbox file1 2nd_period_2010 Even file exist at that location, my above command is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check file exist in a directory or not

HI folks, can any one tell me how to check whether the file is existed in a directory or not . let me tell you my requirement : if the file is existed i should display a one message or else i have to send a mail .. i have the mail logic .. but I'm failed to check file existence .. please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan008
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to count number of times each word exist in a file

I'm trying to count the number of times each word in the file exist for example if the file has: today I have a lot to write, but I will not go for it. The main thing is that today I am looking for a way to get each word in this file with a word count after it specifying that this word has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shnkool
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

check file exist before execution

Hi , I have a scripts which run at every 1 min and do some job. this scripts look for the file in the directory and move in the other directory. I want to write a line which forst check if the *.LOG file exist in the directory if *.LOG exist then do for i in *.LOG load ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for a file and touch if not exist

Hi, I've a situation where i need to check for the file existence and create a zero byte file based on the parameter,in some cases i need to touch and in some case i dont need to touch with zero byte file please help me on parameterizing this touch command?? Regards. San (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep karna
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to check word count of each word in file

I am trying to figure out to find word count of each word from my file sample file hi how are you hi are you ok sample out put hi 1 how 1 are 1 you 1 hi 1 are 1 you 1 ok 1 wc -l filename is not helping , i think we will have to split the lines and count and then print and also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
4 Replies
Tk_GetVRootGeometry(3)					       Tk Library Procedures					    Tk_GetVRootGeometry(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetVRootGeometry - Get location and size of virtual root for window SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_GetVRootGeometry(tkwin, xPtr, yPtr, widthPtr, heightPtr) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window whose virtual root is to be queried. int xPtr (out) Points to word in which to store x-offset of virtual root. int yPtr (out) Points to word in which to store y-offset of virtual root. int widthPtr (out) Points to word in which to store width of virtual root. int heightPtr (out) Points to word in which to store height of virtual root. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetVRootGeometry returns geometry information about the virtual root window associated with tkwin. The "associated" virtual root is the one in which tkwin's nearest top-level ancestor (or tkwin itself if it is a top-level window) has been reparented by the window manager. This window is identified by a __SWM_ROOT or __WM_ROOT property placed on the top-level window by the window manager. If tkwin is not associated with a virtual root (e.g. because the window manager does not use virtual roots) then *xPtr and *yPtr will be set to 0 and *widthPtr and *heightPtr will be set to the dimensions of the screen containing tkwin. KEYWORDS
geometry, height, location, virtual root, width, window manager Tk 4.0 Tk_GetVRootGeometry(3)