Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Redirect an application with a Serial connection Post 302255527 by Sunb3 on Thursday 6th of November 2008 03:31:59 PM
Old 11-06-2008
Redirect an application with a Serial connection

Hi community,

I've currently working on SUN Server V490 and I'm connecting with a Serial port (I DON'T HAVE ANY IP CONNECTIVITY)...I need to redirect the graphic interface of Oracle with the dbca command; I know a way with an IP Connectivity ( use a X-Server and then setenv DISPLAY <ipaddress:0.0> ) but not with a serial port.

Could you provide any solution please? Also this is very URGENT!!!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

redirect connection

I have two UX servers ( eg. Server A , Server B ) , the users use Netterm as emulator to telnet to connect to these servers , each server have assigned a dedicated IP address ( eg. Server A --> 192.168.1.1 , Server B --> 192.168.1.2 ) , now if a user want to connect Server A , he need to telnet to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hp-ux serial connection question

Hi, I need to connect from an hp-ux box to a device that only have a serial port. When I need to do that from solaris to that device I used put a null modem and type tip hardwire, but I'm new with hp-ux and I don't have the tip command. Any idea? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

ip communication through serial connection

I have serial modem connection between two computers. We have to login the remote computer through ip address. How can I get the ip address in this connection? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcsaji
1 Replies

4. Solaris

USB to Serial Adapter connection

Hi Community, I'm working on Sun Server V490 with my PC (with OS Vista). I'm using a USB to Serial Adapter to connect to Server directly. I've this problem, I'm connecting to Server with Putty client with this settings: boud rate 9600, 8 bit, 0 parity, 0 flow control, but after to have typed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
4 Replies

5. AIX

serial modem connection

I configured the serial modem in my P6-550 AIX 5.3 box But i dont have telephone line. when I run the command # cu -l /dev/tty1 the output is as follows does it mean that my modem is responding to the command? can i say my serial port is working and communicating fine? Connected ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial Connection sun blade 100 to pc

Hi, If someone please help as my efforts been exhausted in connecting my sun blade 100 serial to my pc. I am using null modem with DB9(female) in sun blade and DB9(female, using gender change) in pc. I am trying both hyper/putty 9600 8 N 1 configurations. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younics
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Putty Serial Connection problems

Hi forums, I was wondering if any of you have faced this problem that I have been having for quite some time now regarding serial connection with putty to my Solaris Box Sunfire v250 and Sun v220 and sun v440. The serial connection freezes on my Windows 7 64 and 32 Bit machines. I unplug and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::Server::MultiType(3)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type => @types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.18.2 2012-06-05 Net::Server::MultiType(3)