Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about query
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about query Post 302255479 by wendyz on Thursday 6th of November 2008 01:22:20 PM
Old 11-06-2008
Question about query

I am using SCO Unix, and inside have forte software which is similar with MySQL to store our product data. I am trying to print out serial number.

I use the following code and get result is like
Q>PRINT SERNUM WHERE ORDNUM=720385 USEKEY OE_ORDSER_KB
'T'erminal, 'P'rinter, or 'F'ile? T
Serial Number
----------------
P6GK1VXF
P6GKT0RF
P6GKTA3F
P6GKVXUF
P6GKVY2F
P6GKW21F
P6GKW2GF
P6GKYH4F
P6GKYP5F
P6GKYPKF
P6GKYPRF
P6GKYS4F
P6GKYSDF
P6GKYSNF
P6GKYWBF
P6GKYWPF
P6GKYYDF
P6GKYYPF
P6GKYZTF
P6GKZ17F
P6GKZ18F

This is right, but I want it horizontally to print out, one by one. How can I do? Who knows about this software?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query

hello, i am working as aix system administrator, what is the major difference between aix and sun solaris ..os. what r the area difficult in solaris for aix administrator .............................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varadakumar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

query.....

hi friends i want to know details of `exec` exact use of this command ..... actually i went through the man page but i didn`t get the satisfactory ...conclusion.... thaks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newson
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help on query

I just started to learn unix - need help to write a script to query a logfile and produce the results that contains a specific word "alarm" for a period from X day to Y day. I really have no idea how to begin - :( please help... ____________________________________________________ #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snipfer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query

hi i am producing txt outputs of archives created by our tsm software. problem is some of these files are too large to open in excel so i can despatch. here is a example of the output TAG_460 /prod_bak 7 FILE /ARCHIVE/Whistles- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to query : YES or NO

hi i want to make script. where i want to query from the user yes or no exp: do you want to proceed : y for yes n for NO. how this is possible in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
Session::Store::MySQL(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Session::Store::MySQL(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::MySQL - Store persistent data in a MySQL database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::MySQL; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::MySQL; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::MySQL fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a MySQL database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions', or another table name if you provide the TableName argument: id char(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session text To create this schema, you can execute this command using the mysql program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id char(32) not null primary key, a_session text ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are: DataSource UserName Password TableName Handle Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l', TableName => 'sessions' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::MySQL(3)