Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unixware 2.0
Operating Systems SCO unixware 2.0 Post 302255441 by fareedah on Thursday 6th of November 2008 11:59:19 AM
Old 11-06-2008
unixware 2.0

High,
I have a simulator application running on unixware 2.1, there are no original installation CDs for the application. is it possible to copy directories and configuration files, related to the installed application, from unixware 2.1 to other system running Unixware 7.1.1 (replacing Unixware 7.1.1 directories).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Change ip on UnixWare 2.1.2

I changed the IP whit Ifconfig and I used ping to test the conetions the conection is rigth on my LAN (NetA) But, I have two networks for example: NetA route to NetB and vicevers On NetB ping to any machine on NetA, it is respons successfully. but I ping to UNIX server no respons. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lmena
1 Replies

2. SCO

Performance issue from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7

Hello, I am having performance problem when , i ported a c code from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7.0.0. My program establishes a synchornous connection with the client in a windows OS and then sends and receives messsages using the recv and send calls. What i hyave noticed is that after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amith
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help me about unixware 7.1.3

msg: vfs_mountroot:cannot mount root %%%%%% system don't start (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hushboy
0 Replies

4. SCO

Unixware problem

Dear All, I have a HP Netserver LH3 server which has unixware 7 os with oracle. Suddenly it shows a error message that " Raw Stack Dump beigns at 0xFFFDABIC... Generating Selective dump Storing system memory image for crash analysis.... #scanning memory....dumping to disk (Press any key to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.chiranjib
0 Replies

5. SCO

Problem in Unixware 7

Hi, I need help for SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.0. During booting it is detecting the network card (Intel PRO 100B /100+) but it is giving error : "UX:S69inet:error". Hence network is not getting up. I have tried with another network card (D-Link DFE 538TX) but unable to get the proper driver for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcl.rajat
1 Replies

6. SCO

Unixware 7.11 cannot telnet

Hi all, I recently re-installed a Unixware 7.1.1 system for a customer. It installed correctly, I can ping the server but I cannot telnet to it. I did check and telnetd is running. Am i missing something in the config? thanks for any help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDP
0 Replies

7. SCO

Installing UNIXWARE 7.1.1

I want to install unixware 7.1.1 on a server which does not have a on board floppy drive. I have got a USB floppy drive. Can anybody please help me...how could I provide HBA disk using this USB floppy drive???? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhartha7m
0 Replies

8. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available?

So, I was browsing groklaw.net, and I was surprised to read that Pamela Jones was reading the copyright notices in the UnixWare 7.1.1 source code files... Groklaw - Santa Cruz Listed Novell as Owning the Copyrights in 1999 How can that be? Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepinox
1 Replies

9. SCO

Unixware Crash ...

Hi, I need help, one of our servers is down, and all data in that Server are critical: The Scenario: ------------- I have a computer with the next architecture: architecture=IA32 bus_types=PCI2.10,ISA,PnP1.0 hostname=xxx.xxx.xxx (the real name is hidden) hw_provider=Generic AT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
2 Replies

10. SCO

UnixWare 2.x needed

Anyone here using Unixware 2.x? I want to try some binary testing on this system regarding DG/UX binaries. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgux
4 Replies
TTF2UFM_X2GS(1) 					      TTF2UFM Font Converter						   TTF2UFM_X2GS(1)

NAME
ttf2ufm_x2gs - font installer for Ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ttf2ufm_x2gs [config-file] DESCRIPTION
The fonts generated with ttf2ufm work fine with Ghostscript by themselves. The script `x2gs' (or `ttf2ufm_x2gs' when installed into a public directory, to avoid name conflicts with other programs) links the font files from the X11 direcotry into the Ghostscript directory and automatically creates the description file ("Fontmap") in Ghostscript format. If the configuration file is not specified as an argument then the file `"convert.cfg"' in the current directory is used, just like the `"convert"' script does. Indeed, this configuration file is used for both scripts. The Ghostscript-related parameters in the configuration file are: "DSTDIR" - the X11 font directory used by `"x2gs"' as the source of the fonts. This parameter is common with the X11 configuration. "GSDIR" - the base directory of Ghostsript. If this parameter is set to an empty string then `"convert"' won't call `"x2gs"'. So if you want to get only the X11 fonts installed then set this parameter to an empty string. This directory may vary on various system, so please check your system and set this value accordingly before running the script. "GSFONTDIR" - the font directory of Ghostscript. In the standard Ghostscript installation it's a subdirectory of "GSDIR" but some systems may use completely different directories. "GSCONFDIR" - the configuration subdirectory of Ghostscript that contains the "Fontmap" file. "INSTALLFONTMAP" - if the value is set to "YES" then install the entries for the new fonts right into the main "Fontmap" file. Otherwise just leave the file "Fontmap.ttf" in the Ghostscript configuration directory. After preparing the configuration file run the script. It symbolicaly links all the font files and creates the description file "Fontmap.ttf" in "GSCONDFIR". After that there are two choices. If the option "INSTALLFONTMAP" was set to "YES" then the font descriptions are also automatically installed into the master "Fontmap" file. The script is clever enough to detect if it was run multiple times with the same directories and if so it replaces the old "Fontmap" entries with the new ones instead of just accumulating all of them. You may also run it multiple times for multiple X11 directories and all the results will be properly collected in the "Fontmap". But it's your responsibility to watch that the names of the font files don't overlap. If the X11 font directory gets renamed then you have to remove its font entries from the "Fontmap" and only after that re-run `"x2gs"' for the new directory. On the other hand if the option "INSTALLFONTMAP" was set to "NO" then go to the "GSCONFDIR" directory and insert the contents of "Fontmap.ttf" into the "Fontmap" file manually. This step may be left manual to make the installation a little bit more safe. After that you may also want to redefine some of the aliases in "Fontmap" to refer to the newly installed fonts. But the redefinition of the aliases may be dangerous if the width of characters in the new font will be different from the old font. Alas, there is no visible solution of this problem yet. FILES
o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/scripts/convert.cfg.sample o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/scripts/* o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/README o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/FONTS o TTF2UFM_SHAREDIR/* o TTF2UFM_BINDIR/ttf2ufm SEE ALSO
o ttf2ufm(1) o ttf2ufm_convert(1) o t1asm(1) version 3.4.4 December 31, 2003 TTF2UFM_X2GS(1)