Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unixware 2.0
Operating Systems SCO unixware 2.0 Post 302255441 by fareedah on Thursday 6th of November 2008 11:59:19 AM
Old 11-06-2008
unixware 2.0

High,
I have a simulator application running on unixware 2.1, there are no original installation CDs for the application. is it possible to copy directories and configuration files, related to the installed application, from unixware 2.1 to other system running Unixware 7.1.1 (replacing Unixware 7.1.1 directories).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Change ip on UnixWare 2.1.2

I changed the IP whit Ifconfig and I used ping to test the conetions the conection is rigth on my LAN (NetA) But, I have two networks for example: NetA route to NetB and vicevers On NetB ping to any machine on NetA, it is respons successfully. but I ping to UNIX server no respons. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lmena
1 Replies

2. SCO

Performance issue from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7

Hello, I am having performance problem when , i ported a c code from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7.0.0. My program establishes a synchornous connection with the client in a windows OS and then sends and receives messsages using the recv and send calls. What i hyave noticed is that after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amith
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help me about unixware 7.1.3

msg: vfs_mountroot:cannot mount root %%%%%% system don't start (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hushboy
0 Replies

4. SCO

Unixware problem

Dear All, I have a HP Netserver LH3 server which has unixware 7 os with oracle. Suddenly it shows a error message that " Raw Stack Dump beigns at 0xFFFDABIC... Generating Selective dump Storing system memory image for crash analysis.... #scanning memory....dumping to disk (Press any key to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.chiranjib
0 Replies

5. SCO

Problem in Unixware 7

Hi, I need help for SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.0. During booting it is detecting the network card (Intel PRO 100B /100+) but it is giving error : "UX:S69inet:error". Hence network is not getting up. I have tried with another network card (D-Link DFE 538TX) but unable to get the proper driver for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcl.rajat
1 Replies

6. SCO

Unixware 7.11 cannot telnet

Hi all, I recently re-installed a Unixware 7.1.1 system for a customer. It installed correctly, I can ping the server but I cannot telnet to it. I did check and telnetd is running. Am i missing something in the config? thanks for any help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDP
0 Replies

7. SCO

Installing UNIXWARE 7.1.1

I want to install unixware 7.1.1 on a server which does not have a on board floppy drive. I have got a USB floppy drive. Can anybody please help me...how could I provide HBA disk using this USB floppy drive???? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhartha7m
0 Replies

8. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available?

So, I was browsing groklaw.net, and I was surprised to read that Pamela Jones was reading the copyright notices in the UnixWare 7.1.1 source code files... Groklaw - Santa Cruz Listed Novell as Owning the Copyrights in 1999 How can that be? Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepinox
1 Replies

9. SCO

Unixware Crash ...

Hi, I need help, one of our servers is down, and all data in that Server are critical: The Scenario: ------------- I have a computer with the next architecture: architecture=IA32 bus_types=PCI2.10,ISA,PnP1.0 hostname=xxx.xxx.xxx (the real name is hidden) hw_provider=Generic AT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
2 Replies

10. SCO

UnixWare 2.x needed

Anyone here using Unixware 2.x? I want to try some binary testing on this system regarding DG/UX binaries. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgux
4 Replies
patch_active_text(5)						File Formats Manual					      patch_active_text(5)

NAME
patch_active_text - dynamically enable or disable running executable text to be modified via mprotect() VALUES
Fail Safe Default semantics is enabled Allowed values or DESCRIPTION
This tunable allows write access to text of a running process such that the active text can be modified. When this tunable is enabled, can be used with a special flag, to modify the text of a running executable. By default, does not work on text of a process. Enabling the tunable allows to work on text segments of a process. Making text writable will create a private copy of the text to the process using this feature. Once with special flag allows running text to be modified, further invocations of on text of a process with other prot flags are also allowed. For must always be used with (see mprotect(2)). must always be used on text address range. After the first invocation of further mprotect(2) calls will work on text segments of process with any other prot flags; in other words, will work on text with or any combinations of the above. The only requirement is that both these flags must be invoked first. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators who wish to change the default behavior. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? If an application expects to fail on text segments, the tunable should be turned off. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? Applications will no longer be able to use on text of a process. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? If an application wants its text segment to be writable and also wants to be able to work on text of processes, this tunable must be turned on. Making text writable will create a private copy of the text to the process using this feature. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? Memory consumption in the system will increase. This is because with the process will create a private copy of the shared text on first invocation. It should also be noted that large page benefits on text segments will be lost. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
mprotect(2), copy_on_write(5) Tunable Kernel Parameters patch_active_text(5)