Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Shell Scripting -- update employees not present in input file Post 302255266 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 6th of November 2008 06:10:48 AM
Old 11-06-2008
Use a temp table - insert each empid into the temp table.
Code:
.......emplid  Not In (select emplid from tmptab);

Then delete the records in tmptab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell scripting -How to skip User Standard input section from another script

All, problem Description: For example: I have two shell scripts(executables). let name it as script1 and script2.I'm trying to execute script1 from script2. while executing script2, script1 is asking for manual input(input from keyboard). Now i need to know how I can skip this user input... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techie99
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (KSH) to list ONLY the ID of male employees whose last loging time was during the last

Can someone help me on my issue please :) I have a table like this format: # cat myfile.txt Employee Gender NAME Last Login ID Time ------------------------------------------------- 210125 M ABC ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Update DB table from txt file using CRONJOB in Unix Shell Script

Hi Experts, can guide how we can Update a Database Table using a txt file source Using Unix Shell Scripts. What are the Cron Jobs codes can written to Update DB table. txt file contains record like data. US 09/03/2012 User DocType DocID. these above feilds in txt files need to be updated in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh.sap
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file is present using input from another file

Hello, I have a comma delimited file such as: cat /statistics/support/input.txt ID,Serial,quantitity,atribute1,atribute2 1,89569698,5,800,9900, 1,35568658,8,1200,5550 1,89569698,8,320,5500 1,68753584,85,450,200 ID should always have 1 digit, Serial 8 digits, and the others may... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Scripting help to input string and search a file to find

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input within a file I know will have to use the read and grep commands, anyone can give me somewhere to start would help Task: Write a script to display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12ic11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input within a file I know will have to use the read and grep commands, anyone can give me somewhere to start would help Task: Write a script to display which volume pool a given... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi Don, this is not homework question. I work for a Credit card company and my development goal this year is to learn Unix. I would love if others can help me get started, thanks. Hi everyone I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Shell Scripting (Solaris) for File Checking

Hi guys, I'm sorry but i badly need your help. I am assigned to do a basic shell script in my job but sadly i don't have any idea on what it is because i am an electronics engineer, but i googled all of it, ask my friends but i cant finalize my scripts. so do please help me. The requirement... (47 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveaztig14
47 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies
Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance(3)

NAME
Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance - Applying a role to an object instance VERSION
version 2.1202 SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::Role::Job::Manager; use List::Util qw( first ); use Moose::Role; has 'employees' => ( is => 'rw', isa => 'ArrayRef[Employee]', ); sub assign_work { my $self = shift; my $work = shift; my $employee = first { !$_->has_work } @{ $self->employees }; die 'All my employees have work to do!' unless $employee; $employee->work($work); } package main; my $lisa = Employee->new( name => 'Lisa' ); MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta->apply($lisa); my $homer = Employee->new( name => 'Homer' ); my $bart = Employee->new( name => 'Bart' ); my $marge = Employee->new( name => 'Marge' ); $lisa->employees( [ $homer, $bart, $marge ] ); $lisa->assign_work('mow the lawn'); DESCRIPTION
In this recipe, we show how a role can be applied to an object. In this specific case, we are giving an employee managerial responsibilities. Applying a role to an object is simple. The Moose::Meta::Role object provides an "apply" method. This method will do the right thing when given an object instance. MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta->apply($lisa); We could also use the "apply_all_roles" function from Moose::Util. apply_all_roles( $person, MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta ); The main advantage of using "apply_all_roles" is that it can be used to apply more than one role at a time. We could also pass parameters to the role we're applying: MyApp::Role::Job::Manager->meta->apply( $lisa, -alias => { assign_work => 'get_off_your_lazy_behind' }, ); We saw examples of how method exclusion and alias working in Moose::Cookbook::Roles::Restartable_AdvancedComposition. CONCLUSION
Applying a role to an object instance is a useful tool for adding behavior to existing objects. In our example, it is effective used to model a promotion. It can also be useful as a sort of controlled monkey-patching for existing code, particularly non-Moose code. For example, you could create a debugging role and apply it to an object at runtime. AUTHORS
o Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> o Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> o Jesse Luehrs <doy@tozt.net> o Shawn M Moore <code@sartak.org> o XXXX XXX'XX (Yuval Kogman) <nothingmuch@woobling.org> o Karen Etheridge <ether@cpan.org> o Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> o Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp@weftsoar.net> o Chris Prather <chris@prather.org> o Matt S Trout <mst@shadowcat.co.uk> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2006 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-19 Moose::Cookbook::Roles::ApplicationToInstance(3)