Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to run sqlscript in the swinstall ? Post 302255230 by vbe on Thursday 6th of November 2008 05:01:54 AM
Old 11-06-2008
You havent exported PATH, ORACLE_HOME...

If you have oracle already installed with a dba/oracle account I wonder if it would not be more simpe to
. $(dba_accoutn)/.profile in your script
maybe worth testing...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

help with swinstall

I'm trying to install gcc from hp with swinstall but what happens is the following: I change source to the correct depot, it complains it can't find anything, when I change target to /usr/local, it shows the depot in the list. Next, I mark it for install, install it, but then it gets installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help with swinstall HP patches

I am having trouble installing some HPUX patches on my B1000 11.11. I am a novice at this so bear with me. I understand how to install depots. Very easy. Now I'm trying to patch my system so I can get the Oracle client installed. Oracle says I need these two patches: PHCO_23770, PHCO_23092 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

swinstall and autoreboot

HI I am new on unix admin. I would like to know, if it is possible to a. install the patch (like phss_25277) during normal business hours and b. reboot the server during off peak hours on a production box c. what is the normal practise for the patch installs on hp-ux (PA-RISC, B.11.11)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: schilukuri
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

swinstall

Hi, I am new to HP-UX. I am attempting some pre-requisites to an Oracle upgrade, part of which requires some OS patching. When I check using show_patches or swlist -l patch the patches do not exist. On visiting ItResource web page I see the patches and later "recommended" patches (that unlike... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

swinstall issues

what the heck am I doing wrong? Im trying to install bastille and i keep getting errors. # cd - /var/spool/sw # ls B6849AA_B.02.01.03.depot catalog swagent.log var # swinstall -s /var/spool/sw B6849AA ======= 10/04/07 09:47:43 EDT BEGIN swinstall... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

swinstall and swremove

can it have any command that swinstall and swremove without gui thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

7. Solaris

swinstall: not found

i am having this error when i try to execute # swinstall -s /cdrom/volume_manager3.5/pkgs swinstall: not found anyone know why was it having this error? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in execution of sqlscript in unix

I am new to unix and trying to execute sql script from unix. I have function already in database and trying to execute it from Cygwin unix and getting stuck. Can someone guide me where I wrote the shell script wrong sqlplus -s scott/tiger declare a number:=3; b number:=4; c number; d... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyerragudi
2 Replies
PROFILE-MANAGER(1)					      General Commands Manual						PROFILE-MANAGER(1)

NAME
profile-manager - starts the gui for configuring the metadata used by desktop-profiles SYNOPSIS
profile-manager DESCRIPTION
The desktop profiles package needs metadata about the available profiles in order to decide when to activate which profiles. This metadata is contained in the .listing files placed in the /etc/desktop-profiles directory. This convenience script will start a graphical interface for configuring that metadata. The gui is a kommander script, so you need to have the kommander package installed for the gui to work (the script will check if the neces- sary prerequisites are present, and tell you what's missing if necessary). OPTIONS
There are no options FILES
/etc/desktop-profiles/*.listing - Files containing the metadata about installed profiles BUGS
The gui currently barks at profile metadata containing a single quote in the description. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Cornelis <cobaco@skolelinux.no>. SEE ALSO
desktop-profiles(7), list-desktop-profiles(1), update-profile-cache(1) desktop-profiles May 07, 2005 PROFILE-MANAGER(1)