Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to run sqlscript in the swinstall ? Post 302255189 by vbe on Thursday 6th of November 2008 03:56:57 AM
Old 11-06-2008
In your script , at the beginning, you have to set all oracle env...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

help with swinstall

I'm trying to install gcc from hp with swinstall but what happens is the following: I change source to the correct depot, it complains it can't find anything, when I change target to /usr/local, it shows the depot in the list. Next, I mark it for install, install it, but then it gets installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help with swinstall HP patches

I am having trouble installing some HPUX patches on my B1000 11.11. I am a novice at this so bear with me. I understand how to install depots. Very easy. Now I'm trying to patch my system so I can get the Oracle client installed. Oracle says I need these two patches: PHCO_23770, PHCO_23092 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

swinstall and autoreboot

HI I am new on unix admin. I would like to know, if it is possible to a. install the patch (like phss_25277) during normal business hours and b. reboot the server during off peak hours on a production box c. what is the normal practise for the patch installs on hp-ux (PA-RISC, B.11.11)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: schilukuri
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

swinstall

Hi, I am new to HP-UX. I am attempting some pre-requisites to an Oracle upgrade, part of which requires some OS patching. When I check using show_patches or swlist -l patch the patches do not exist. On visiting ItResource web page I see the patches and later "recommended" patches (that unlike... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

swinstall issues

what the heck am I doing wrong? Im trying to install bastille and i keep getting errors. # cd - /var/spool/sw # ls B6849AA_B.02.01.03.depot catalog swagent.log var # swinstall -s /var/spool/sw B6849AA ======= 10/04/07 09:47:43 EDT BEGIN swinstall... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

swinstall and swremove

can it have any command that swinstall and swremove without gui thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

7. Solaris

swinstall: not found

i am having this error when i try to execute # swinstall -s /cdrom/volume_manager3.5/pkgs swinstall: not found anyone know why was it having this error? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in execution of sqlscript in unix

I am new to unix and trying to execute sql script from unix. I have function already in database and trying to execute it from Cygwin unix and getting stuck. Can someone guide me where I wrote the shell script wrong sqlplus -s scott/tiger declare a number:=3; b number:=4; c number; d... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyerragudi
2 Replies
EXECUTE(7)							   SQL Commands 							EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared query SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE plan_name [ (parameter [, ...] ) ] INPUTS plan_name The name of the prepared query to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared query. This must be an expression yielding a value of a type compatible with the data-type specified for this parameter position in the PREPARE statement that created the prepared query. DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared query. Since prepared queries only exist for the duration of a session, the prepared query must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the query specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared queries are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters: the name of a prepared query must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared queries, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 SQL92 includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL clients. The EXECUTE statement implemented by PostgreSQL also uses a somewhat different syntax. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 EXECUTE(7)