Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to programatically obtain informations about existing NICs on the system Post 302255153 by nikoladsp on Thursday 6th of November 2008 02:34:13 AM
Old 11-06-2008
many 10X for that! does anyone knows how to do that on solaris, HP-UX and Tru64?
also, i am generally very interested in *NIX system programming, can You please point some good book(s) on the subject of handling processes, users, devices, file systems, etc? 10x in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read i-node informations (date of creation)

Hi, I'm looking for a way to get the date of creation for a file. Is it possible ? I know that these informations are in the i-node but I don't know how to access them (if the 'find' command can do it with option -ctime, I have reasons to believe in it). Thanks for helping me ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mullmafr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to obtain system open file table value in Linux

Hello , I want to get current system open file table value. Can any one help. Thanking you, mahesh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh.
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Runtime informations - bash script

Hello, I'm running a bash script and I'd like to get more accurate a runtime information then now. So far I've been using this method: STARTM=`date -u "+%s"` ......... *script function.... ......... STOPM=`date -u "+%s"` RUNTIMEM=`expr $STOPM - $STARTM` if (($RUNTIMEM>59)); then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Command History - size, security and more informations

Hi! I need to know how to increase the size of History, creating greater security in it, and view commands with details such as date and time; Also need to know if they learn to write a 'history' command made ​​via WinSCP; Thank you! ---------- Post updated at 01:36 PM ----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to extend an existing file system using SVM in solaris 10

Hi All I want to extend this file system to 120Gb: df -h /xyz Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d80 98G 35G 62G 37% /xyzand the NetApp admin is going to give me an LUN with 22Gb. This file system is mounted on: metastat d80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed inserting muliple informations in one column

I'm probably sure I need to use either awk or sed judging by research but I'm not sure what exact command I have to do to do following...:wall: So this is my text file CPU 1 2 3 4 5 6 RAM 2 3 4 5 6 7 HAR 3 4 5 6 7 8 -------------- my input: Cur_CPU=10 Cur_RAM=11 Cur_HAR=13 Desired... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonirang
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Gcc and C/aC++ co-existing on HP-UX Itanium system

Our company developed applications on an HP-UX 11 Itanium system using gcc. We did not have HP's C/aC++ system installed. We are now attempting to install/run on a customer system that already has C/aC++ on it. Can gcc (gcc-4.3.2, or just the runtime libraries gcclib-4.3.2) be installed and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: northb
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Programatically

Hi Experts, Need some help. I am trying below code programatically to login to ssh ip from a csv file. the below code logging into all servers and executing some command line syntax. But what I need is for example if i have 5 IP's ,if first one connects successfully and executes the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)