Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Add password to batch command? Post 302255138 by Killalot57 on Thursday 6th of November 2008 01:25:36 AM
Old 11-06-2008
note to bakunin

what you said gave me a headache, I'm really really newbie so you'll have to talk down even more Smilie

jk, I figured out a solution that works great here it is for reference

@echo off
set "p="
set /p "p=Type in the password please... "
if not "%p%"=="my password" goto :EOF

NOTE: if you make your own batch command with this just change the part that says "my password" to what you want your password to be, remember to keep the quotes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Batch command

Hi All I have a need due time constraint to issue the mail command in background. I have a script that sends a message to a mail address as follows :- echo "$MLINE" | mail -s "$HOST - $TEXT" name@co.com & The script runs frequently and I check to see if the script is active and if it is , it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch command in a shell script

How do I execute a batch command from a script, which "waits" with the next command until the first one has finished? ======= A piece of my script looks like this: #!/bin/sh (...) # run a long batch job: ./run_calculation.sh # then rename resulting file: mv output.dat backup.dat (...) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivvo
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AT command to batch execute every x hours

I want to schedule a batch job (SQL)to run every 6 hours in Unix and the AT command syntax does not seem to cover this. I have created a file ncd_rpt in the directory report and have given the command in this file. at -f /report/ncd_rpt 1:00 am tomorrow I schedule this by running sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveen79
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

su command in batch mode

Hi, how do we change user in a shell script- batch mode. Thanks, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Gohad
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to call a command in a batch file?

Hi, I would like to get the output of below command emailed to me in a windows2003 server. "bpimagelist -hoursago 24 -U" I will be using "blat" to email the output of this command.But not sure how the above command is called for in a batch file when executed. Would appreciate if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp batch script with password

I am working on a sftp batch script on a Solaris machine and I need to connect using password. This is not an issue when i do it manually but when I want to make this into a script, i find there are no options for password. Can anyone suggest how I can do it with password? I know using keys is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to write a script to run without password on a batch of servers?

I need run a command such as ps -ef |grep xxx on a batch of servers, how to write a script to run it without password? don't need go in each server to check? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script batch with command sed

hi, i have a folder with 2000 text file where each file contain a string. i need to trasform this string like this: example of file : My name is Mark and I'm a child the new file must be: insert into tabella ('My name','My name is Mark and I'm a child'); where the first column is a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yo-yo78
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch SFTP command Help

I need to run a test SFTP command in a batch mode and what I need to prompt my password after the sftp userid@hostname. I do not have have an ssh key exchanged between my server and the external server. I only have access to it as an sftp server. I must enter my password in my script. How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies
yppasswd(1)						      General Commands Manual						       yppasswd(1)

NAME
yppasswd - change password in Network Information Service (NIS) SYNOPSIS
yppasswd [name] DESCRIPTION
Note If Enhanced Security is enabled on your system, use the passwd command to change your password, even if NIS is in use. The yppasswd command lets you change your password in the Network Information Service (NIS) map, a network data base service. Only you or the superuser can change your NIS password. When you enter the yppasswd command, the program prompts you for the old password and then for the new password. Note that the passwords are not displayed on the screen. Next, the program asks you for the new password again, to verify that you have typed it correctly. If you do not type the passwords cor- rectly, you will receive an error message after you enter the new password. Your new NIS password must meet one of the following requirements: It must be a combination of at least six alphanumeric characters, or It must be a minimum of four characters, with at least one being non-alphanumeric, such as a control sequence. Note The passwd command does not change the NIS password. This command only changes the local password file (/etc/passwd), and not the NIS mas- ter password file. ERRORS
Your new password does not meet the minimum length requirement. You misspelled your new password or its verification. Your new password can not be activated. It must be different from your old password and your login name. FILES
Password file NIS directory SEE ALSO
passwd(1), passwd(4), ypfiles(4), yppasswdd(8) Network Administration yppasswd(1)