Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Cannot Accept License Agreement on Smit Install? Post 302254937 by bakunin on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 01:34:28 PM
Old 11-05-2008
SMIT is just a nicely polished (and, btw., even extendable) UI to execute normal system commands. If you could do it with SMIT you always can do it manually too - maybe not as comfortably so, but you can.

You can - by pressing <F6> - even look at the command(s) SMITty would issue and can cut/paste/edit this to use it in your own scripts. This is quite handy for developing scripts for the more arcane parts of AIX.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

License issue on Java install

I'm a AIX novice - please bear with me.. I'm trying to install Java14_64_sdk on an Aix 5.2 server (P690) I've copied the ff files to a separate directory: Java14_64.ext Java14_64.license Java14_64.sdk I then run smitty installp, point to the above directory and choose the Java14_64.sdk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgan_g
0 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

smit.script

what is the smit.script file and does it ever need to be cleaned up or deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PamRainwater
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 install won't accept IP address

Hi I am trying to debug an issue with an automated install I have set-up. So to start I just ran a simple ok; boot cdrom - install but when it came to the IP address field it would only take the following format 123.123.123.12 and would not let me enter the last digit Anybody got any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
9 Replies

4. AIX

Smit logs

Hi everyone, I'm trying to keep my smit logs in other directory diferent than the user's home. I know with -l and -s you can change this settings but I'm wondering if there is any environment value that I can set. It can be done using alias too ... Thanx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfons
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Mozilla not launching after accepting License Agreement

Hi, I have a scenario in which i execute and rsh command from Solaris to HPUX to execute a script in HPUX. a) rsh <HPUX_SERVER_IP> /opt/launchMozilla The script in HPUX has a command to launch the mozilla. ---BEGIN:launchMozilla----- #!/usr/bin/ksh HOME=/home/netmgr export $HOME ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suha228
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostid for software install - license issue

Hi all. Solaris 9. After I change the hostid, how can I change it back without rebooting the machine? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
2 Replies

7. AIX

Doubts on SMIT

Hi All, Have a few doubts on SMIT. 1. Is SMIT available in seperate packages if it is not installed by default with the AIX ? 2. how to check the smit version.. is there anything of that kind ? 3. what is the effect of smit.cat file ? 4. What are all the files present in /etc/objrepos/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating the license tag in XML file with new license

Hi All, I have a XML file : System.xml in which I want to update the license tag with the new data from file licence.xml. The content of files is in following format: System.xml: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE Configuration SYSTEM "SystemVariables.dtd"> <usageConfiguration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_T
2 Replies
pnmpaste(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  pnmpaste(1)

NAME
pnmpaste - paste a rectangle into a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmpaste [-replace|-or|-and |-xor] frompnmfile x y [intopnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads two portable anymaps as input. Inserts the first anymap into the second at the specified location, and produces a portable anymap the same size as the second as output. If the second anymap is not specified, it is read from stdin. The x and y can be negative, in which case they are interpreted relative to the right and bottom of the anymap, respectively. This tool is most useful in combination with pnmcut. For instance, if you want to edit a small segment of a large image, and your image editor cannot edit the large image, you can cut out the segment you are interested in, edit it, and then paste it back in. Another useful companion tool is pbmmask. pnmcomp is, a more general tool, except that it lacks the "or," "and," and "xor" functions. pnmcomp allows you to specify an alpha mask in order to have only part of the inserted image get inserted. So the inserted pixels need not be a rectangle. You can also have the inserted image be translucent, so the resulting image is a mixture of the inserted image and the base image. The optional flag specifies the operation to use when doing the paste. The default is -replace. The other, logical operations are only allowed if both input images are bitmaps. These operations act as if white is TRUE and black is FALSE. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmcomp(1), pnmcut(1), pnminvert(1), pnmarith(1), pbmmask(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 21 February 1991 pnmpaste(1)