Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How do I boost the Linux performace Post 302254907 by techlinux on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 12:15:50 PM
Old 11-05-2008
Increase the RAM to minimum of 2 GB for VMWare Server,
otherwise, I think VMWare workstation may use less than Server
so you may want to use workstation instead w/only 1 GB

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

XML parsing performace comparison with windows using sax

sorry wrong forum..i dont know how to delete this or how to move it to HP UX section... I tested SAX XML parsing using xerces(http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-j/). I tested on Windows XP and HP-UX . I found that parsing time on HP is 5 times that on Windows. My server startup reads a lot of XML... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh.sid
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Studio 10 + Boost 1.36

Is it possible to build Boost 1.35 using Sun Studio 10? I can build Boost 1.35 using Sun Studio 11 successful. However, i'm unable to build it using Sun Studio 10 using the exact method. I really apprecaite if any expert can help on this. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shingpui
2 Replies

3. Solaris

boost thread not accessible to boost::move error

Hi All I am working unders Sun Solaris and I am not "/opt/boost/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp", line 344: Error: boost::thread::thread(boost::thread&) is not accessible from boost::move(boost::detail::thread_move_t<boost::thread>). Do you know if there are other solutions other than... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Performace and Tools

I always had helpful replies from this site when ever I have posted a question. My current problem is that I am trying to read a book titled "Solaris(TM) Performance and Tools: DTrace and MDB Techniques for Solaris 10" and I am frustrated because inspite of the fact that it is a good book I just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

5. Programming

Boost C++ ASIO Networking

Hi, Based on the following example in the Boost C++ website: www. boost.org/doc/libs/1_47_0/doc/html/boost_asio/example/echo/async_tcp_echo_server.cpp]doc/html/boost_asio/example/echo/async_tcp_echo_server.cpp I tried to create a similar TCP server that waits to accept a client connection... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanlccc
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I declare boost?

Hello all, I am trying to "make" a database system, VDB (Veritas Data Base), and when I run "make" I receive the following error: VDBException.h:19: error: expected `)' before '*' token VDBException.h:20: error: expected `)' before '*' token VDBException.h:43: error: expected `)' before '*'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tyler_92
4 Replies

7. Programming

Boost.Test and CMake

Hi, I just started using CMake and the Boost Libraries. In this progress I encountered some problems. One of these problems is combining Boost unit tests with cmake. I don't know how to set the whole project up. I tried to set up a simple test project. This contains a main.cpp a comp.cpp and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCoyote
0 Replies

8. Programming

Using boost in program created by g++

I am trying to use the split provided by boost. I have a string and want to split on "/". string value = "trig/4"; Have no idea how to compile and link it. I have extracted boost in /chrisd/tomso-12.04/source/library/boost_1_52_0 In my program /raytrac.cc I have put ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::Server::MultiType(3)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use Net::Server::MultiType; @ISA = qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type=>@types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.12.1 2007-02-02 Net::Server::MultiType(3)