Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please help me with this simple script Post 302254831 by Blue on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 09:28:42 AM
Old 11-05-2008
This is what i done so far.

#!/bin/bash
# The string
STRING="Write a script to print the number and the value of the variables that match the string written from the keyboard"

# Print the string
echo $STRING

# This is the array with the words
declare -a ARRAY
ARRAY=( 'print' 'script' 'test' )

# Print ARRAY all elements.
echo ${ARRAY[@]:0}

I dont know how to convert the string into arrays to find the words that exist in the string.

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with simple script

I need a script that checks to see if ypserv is running, and if not it will restart yp. I have a ypslave that is running Sol9, and the ypsrv daemon is dieing, I want to create a cron job that periodicly checks to see if it's running, and if it see's that it isn't, it will re-start the daemon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdel80
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script

Here is the script that i am trying to run. I get an error and i can't figure out what is the problem. #!/bin/bash echo "What is your name" read NAME if ; then echo "My name is the same" esle echo "You have a nice name" fi (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xplod4202
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script

Hi, I just need a shell script to find out the processes taking longer time...(Unix/Linux) Urgent response needed.. Rajiv (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivn786
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple script

I am trying to print my script arguments, but i am stuck at the arrow pointed lines..please help #!/bin/bash echo "Number of arguments $#" count=1 while do echo ${$count} <======================== count = $(expr $count +1) <================== done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chvs2000
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script

I have a script that will check for integer line by line and if it encounter any blank space will echo it: Below the script: #!/bin/ksh while read i do echo "Value is $i" count=`expr substr "$i" 1 3` echo $count if && then echo "Matched" else echo "Blank Space Found" fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to do so?

hi guys, i am a noob to shell scripting, and i would like to run a simple script, that could simply do the following: 1. SFTP to a remote server/path...and download the newest *.gz backup file on that server. (there are many *.gz files in that folder, i simply need the latest one) 2. locally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Confidence
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script Can u help please?

I have a file that contains these lines User ID Username -------- ---------- 7738626,zrazak 7783535,jvincigu 7805567,ldrennan 7805583,mtsakama I need to sort the names alphabetically How can I sort the lines based on the user names ? I would appreciate a quick reply anyone ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. Linux

How to execute a simple select script using a shell script?

Hi team, I have two select statements and need to run them using SYSDBA user select * from temp_temp_seg_usage; select segment_name, tablespace_name, bytes/ (1024*1024) UsedMb from dba_segments where segment_name='TEMP_TEMP_SEG_USAGE'; Need to run this using a shell script say named... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamsy78
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple if script

Hi, new to unix and scripting, and i'm trying to set up a simple "if" script to create a seperate flag file dependant on success. So far i have the following ($5 is a variable passed to the script from the backup job) if then touch /u03/backups/backup_ended.flag else touch... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: richs24
13 Replies
Log::Report::Lexicon::PO(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Log::Report::Lexicon::PO(3pm)

NAME
Log::Report::Lexicon::PO - one translation definition DESCRIPTION
This module is administering one translation object. Sets of PO objects are kept in a POT file, implemented in Log::Report::Lexicon::POT. METHODS
Constructors Log::Report::Lexicon::PO->new(OPTIONS) -Option --Default automatic "" comment [] format [] fuzzy false msgid <required> msgid_plural undef msgstr "" or [] references [] automatic => PARAGRAPH Automatically added comments. See addAutomatic(). comment => PARAGRAPH Translator added comments. See addComment(). format => ARRAY-OF-PAIRS|HASH See format(). fuzzy => BOOLEAN The string is not yet translated, some smart guesses may have been made. See fuzzy(). msgid => STRING msgid_plural => STRING msgstr => STRING|ARRAY-OF-STRING The translations for the msgid. When msgid_plural is defined, then an ARRAY must be provided. references => STRING|ARRAY-OF-LOCATIONS The STRING is a blank separated list of LOCATIONS. LOCATIONs are of the form "filename:linenumber", for instance "lib/Foo.pm:42" See addReferences() Attributes $obj->addAutomatic(LIST|ARRAY|STRING) Add multiple lines to the translator's comment block. Returns an empty string if there are no comments. $obj->addComment(LIST|ARRAY|STRING) Add multiple lines to the translator's comment block. Returns an empty string if there are no comments. $obj->addFlags(STRING) Parse a "flags" line. $obj->addReferences(STRING|LIST|ARRAY) The STRING is a blank separated list of LOCATIONS. The LIST and ARRAY contain separate LOCATIONs. A LOCATION is of the form "filename:linenumber". Returns the internal HASH with references. $obj->automatic([LIST|ARRAY|STRING]) Returns a STRING which contains the cleaned paragraph of automatically added comments. If an argument is specified, it will replace the current comment. $obj->comment([LIST|ARRAY|STRING]) Returns a STRING which contains the cleaned paragraph of translator's comment. If an argument is specified, it will replace the current comment. $obj->format(LANGUAGE|PAIRS|ARRAY-OF-PAIRS|HASH) When one LANGUAGE is specified, it looks whether a "LANGUAGE-format" or "no-LANGUAGE-format" is present in the line of FLAGS. This will return 1 (true) in the first case, 0 (false) in the second case. It will return "undef" (also false) in case that both are not present. You can also specify PAIRS: the key is a language name, and the value is either 0, 1, or "undef". example: use of format() if($po->format('c')) ... unless($po->format('perl-brace')) ... if(defined $po->format('java')) ... $po->format(java => 1); # results in 'java-format' $po->format(java => 0); # results in 'no-java-format' $po->format(java => undef); # results in '' $obj->fuzzy([BOOLEAN]) Returns whether the translation needs human inspection. $obj->isActive Returns whether the translation has any references, or is the header. $obj->msgid Returns the actual msgid, which cannot be "undef". $obj->msgstr([INDEX, [STRING]]) With a STRING, a new translation will be set. Without STRING, a lookup will take place. When no plural is defined, use INDEX 0 $obj->plural([STRING]) Returns the actual msgid_plural, which can be "undef". $obj->references([STRING|LIST|ARRAY]) Returns an unsorted list of LOCATIONS. When options are specified, then those will be used to replace all currently defined references. Returns the unsorted LIST of references. $obj->removeReferencesTo(FILENAME) Remove all the references to the indicate FILENAME from the list. Returns the number of refs left. Parsing Log::Report::Lexicon::PO->fromText(STRING, [WHERE]) Parse the STRING into a new PO object. The WHERE string should explain the location of the STRING, to be used in error messages. $obj->toString(OPTIONS) Format the object into a multi-lined string. -Option --Default nr_plurals undef nr_plurals => INTEGER If the number of plurals is specified, then the plural translation list can be checked for the correct length. Otherwise, no smart behavior is attempted. $obj->unused The message-id has no references anymore and no translations. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Log-Report distribution version 0.94, built on August 23, 2011. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/log-report/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2007-2011 by Mark Overmeer. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Log::Report::Lexicon::PO(3pm)