Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix script that will pick up first 10 file Post 302254798 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 07:19:47 AM
Old 11-05-2008
1-10 , 11-20 is ten files. 10-20 is eleven.
Code:
# parameter $1 is the starting number, eg 31 or 21 or 1
# usage script.sh 31
awk -v start="$1" ' {
              if( FNR >= start and FNR <= start + 10) {print $0}
              continue
            }'   inputfilename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to pick out files from a file which are older than 15 days

Hi , I have a file abc.txt which actually contains a directory and file list -rwxrwxr-x 1 dmadmin mmasapp 334 Dec 03 2001 aafs_006.ksh -rwxrwxr-x 1 dmadmin mmasapp 1270 Nov 13 2001 mcl_deposit_ftp.ksh -rwxrwxr-x 1 dmadmin mmasapp 925 Oct 31 2001 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viv1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick one file from each subdirectory

Hi, I have a problem I am trying to solve with bash. I need to search in a file system (data base) with hundreds of directories and thousands of subdirectories and millions of files. The files have a specific format with a header that gives the properties. Directories are organized so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majest
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to pick the files from source folder

Hi, I wrote a script to pick files based on some logic. when I execute my script, I get the below message ( I bolded the lines in the script where this error message shows up), it says that files are not available and it is a valid scenario if the files are not available and I don't know how... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay81
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script pick elements according to the date in file

Hello, i am having file details having elements mentioned below Asia jan 18 Europe Jan 19 America Jan 20 I made script but it picks all the elements, i want to pick the elements according to the date to run the script i made cron job. Please advise how it can work.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to pick the oldest file

hi i need shell scrip to pick the oldest file... i.e i need a script to pick the oldest file I had input files in my input folder that are created on saturday,monday,tuesday .. i want a script such that first the script should pick saturday file ,then monday and then file created on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
5 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Control - M Scheduler is not able to pick my shell script

Hi, Below is a shell script that i made:- #!/bin/ksh #path=/opt/tibco/shared/adaptadores/SSCC/EVEREST/input/ if ; then echo "ZIP Exists and now Processing" for files in /opt/tibco/shared/adaptadores/SSCC/EVEREST/input/T010B04.* do unzip $files echo "Files Unzipped" echo $files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmtrexon
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control - M Scheduler is not able to pick my shell script

Hi, Below is a shell script that i made:- #!/bin/ksh #path=/opt/tibco/shared/adaptadores/SSCC/EVEREST/input/ if ; then echo "ZIP Exists and now Processing" for files in /opt/tibco/shared/adaptadores/SSCC/EVEREST/input/T010B04.* do unzip $files echo "Files Unzipped" echo $files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmtrexon
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needs perl script - pick right file name

Hi., I need in perl type ...where this is an example : assume a directory has 3 files namely: file1_1445566_201501022.txt file1_1445566_201502024.txt file1_1445566_201503009.txt where ,after second underscore, the number is in YYYYMMDD time-stamp format, I need perl script to pick up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnhk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pick system time of the file placed on UNIX?

Hi ,I got one data file from external source and I have to load it in database through sql loader. I want to add 2 columns in database,one is file name and one is time of the file received on server. -rwxr-x--- 1 user user 238 Jun 03 16:32 90936264971326030616.ctr From above case,... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruchika
21 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Should pick latest file within past 3 days using UNIX script and perform steps in message below.

Hi , Can anyone help me how do perform below requirement in unix. Step1:we will receive multiple files weekly with same name(as below) in a folder(In folder we will have other files also def.dat,ghf.dat) Filenames: 1) abc_20171204_052389.dat 2)abc_20171204_052428.dat DON'T modify... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnykamal59
23 Replies
bdiff(1)							   User Commands							  bdiff(1)

NAME
bdiff - big diff SYNOPSIS
bdiff filename1 filename2 [n] [-s] DESCRIPTION
bdiff is used in a manner analogous to diff to find which lines in filename1 and filename2 must be changed to bring the files into agree- ment. Its purpose is to allow processing of files too large for diff. If filename1 (filename2) is -, the standard input is read. bdiff ignores lines common to the beginning of both files, splits the remainder of each file into n-line segments, and invokes diff on cor- responding segments. If both optional arguments are specified, they must appear in the order indicated above. The output of bdiff is exactly that of diff, with line numbers adjusted to account for the segmenting of the files (that is, to make it look as if the files had been processed whole). Note: Because of the segmenting of the files, bdiff does not necessarily find a smallest sufficient set of file differences. OPTIONS
n The number of line segments. The value of n is 3500 by default. If the optional third argument is given and it is numeric, it is used as the value for n. This is useful in those cases in which 3500-line segments are too large for diff, causing it to fail. -s Specifies that no diagnostics are to be printed by bdiff (silent option). Note: However, this does not suppress possible diagnostic messages from diff, which bdiff calls. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of bdiff when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). FILES
/tmp/bd????? ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use help for explanations. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 bdiff(1)