Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO console login keeps kicking me back out!! help Post 302254745 by vbe on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 04:34:43 AM
Old 11-05-2008
I had a similar case few years ago...
I dont remember exactly what I did, my case was one account was in this situation not the others... I compared and found nothing obvious, so I recreated the account:
created a new account, move what I needed for the other except all X stuff, chown -R the home directory, deleted, the old and move the new one...

Clear the growing sessions!

Have you tried connecting with another user through your KVM to see if it ends the same way or succeeds?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login Console

Hi All, I am very new to Unix and already have a problem... My predecessor didn't note down the username and password to login to the console of an HP D Class 9000 enterprise server we have. I was wondering whether there is any way to bypass this console login screen in Unix... If not is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RMadjitey
1 Replies

2. SCO

login problem at console

I am running sco 5.06 open server We have encountered the problem while login into the live Online server. After putting the usr as root, the system is taking time(20 Sec) to show me ‘Password:'. Sometimes the system shows login time out. Again sometimes the system is showing password:, after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmanm
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unable to login at console and telnet

Hi friend, I'm facing a problem to access the console and telnet to the HP ux 11 server due to the system file is full. How to access this server via single mode and how to mount the folder / and folder /var? thanks. vestro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vestro
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Help me with console login problem

Hi, I have solaris 10 installed on my computer and when try to login in console mode, it would give output something like this. login:root Password: Last login: Thu May 29 10:00:55 on console -sh: syntax error: `(' unexpected -sh: grep: not found -sh: uname: not found -sh: test:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Cannot able to login on console

Hi I can neither able to login on console with my user ID nor with root user on HP-UX 9000/800 v11.11. I am putting the correct Password.While my colleague can login as his user on console. What is the reason that I can't login to console? Pl. help & thanks in advance. Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Cannot log from console login

Hello All, I'm facing the following problem: On a specific server I have installed Red Hat ES 4.5 and everything seems ok. But after a specific reboot, when the login prompt on the console, I put the root password and I can´t log on. It is strange for me due to if y try to log on using SSH I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO console login auto fills *

OS: SCO Openr Server 6.0 MP4 HW: Dell R710 Server When I try to login to the console, the login prompt keeps filling with * even when I presss enter after the password prompt the login starts filling automatically with the multiple asterisks. This is happening on the console only and if I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atish0
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Console Login Failed..

Dear Unix Team, This is sudhansu once again. I need some tips on below issue. Sometimes we got calls from customer that their console got hangged means they are not able to access the server through console ip. in that case "resetsc -y" will resolve the issue. 2. But couple of days... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Console Login and Telnet

Hopefully my question makes sense, but I was wondering if the telnet service has anything to do with console logins or if they are completely unrelated. So for example, does the /etc/default/login file in UNIX have anything to do with Telnet? So if I want to verify that the root user can't login... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ixauditor
8 Replies

10. AIX

Not able to login AIX server but able to login thru console.

Hi, i am able to login to AX server thru console but not able to login directly thru server. also the server is not ping-able with other server. filesystem is fine. and OS version is AIX 5.3. please let me know if you need any specific log. thx in advance. Scriptor (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies
qmail-getpw(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-getpw(8)

NAME
qmail-getpw - give addresses to users SYNOPSIS
qmail-getpw local DESCRIPTION
In qmail, each user controls a vast array of local addresses. qmail-getpw finds the user that controls a particular address, local. It prints six pieces of information, each terminated by NUL: user; uid; gid; homedir; dash; and ext. The user's account name is user; the user's uid and gid in decimal are uid and gid; the user's home directory is homedir; and messages to local will be handled by home- dir/.qmaildashext. In case of trouble, qmail-getpw exits nonzero without printing anything. WARNING: The operating system's getpwnam function, which is at the heart of qmail-getpw, is inherently unreliable: it fails to distinguish between temporary errors and nonexistent users. Future versions of getpwnam should return ETXTBSY to indicate temporary errors and ESRCH to indicate nonexistent users. RULES
qmail-getpw considers an account in /etc/passwd to be a user if (1) the account has a nonzero uid, (2) the account's home directory exists (and is visible to qmail-getpw), and (3) the account owns its home directory. qmail-getpw ignores account names containing uppercase let- ters. qmail-getpw also assumes that all account names are shorter than 32 characters. qmail-getpw gives each user control over the basic user address and all addresses of the form user-anything. When local is user, dash and ext are both empty. When local is user-anything, dash is a hyphen and ext is anything. user may appear in any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters at the front of local. A catch-all user, alias, controls all other addresses. In this case ext is local and dash is a hyphen. You can override all of qmail-getpw's decisions with the qmail-users mechanism, which is reliable, highly configurable, and much faster than qmail-getpw. SEE ALSO
qmail-users(5), qmail-lspawn(8) qmail-getpw(8)