Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Steps to configure Oracle 10g on VCS Post 302254685 by incredible on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 01:38:53 AM
Old 11-05-2008
Steps to configure Oracle 10g on VCS

Anyone has any doc or ideas on how to bring a oracle mount point into VCS control and how to setup the startup scripts etc? The mount points are using VxVM. I know very basic commands on VCS failover, freezing of resource group etc, but not good in depth knowledge of such. Its urgent. Please help. Thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle 10g

I have download Oracle 10g for Solaris and I have configurate environment than I will start runInstaller and I have a messege that my version of solaris is not 5.7 , 5.8 and 5,9 I have 5.10 Solaris version what I shoud do I have download most actuall Oracle databases. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Oracle 10G installation on Solaris 9

Hi Guys, I need to install Oracle 10g on solaris 9, the server is not in cluster. The server is already running applications like OVO and Weblogic. Can you guys please tell me the steps to do this and what paramaters ( Kernal and otherwise) which need to be modified? There will be about 100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Steps to configure sendmail to receive e-mails

Hi Unix Gurus, Please help me out here. Please tell me the steps to conigure sendmail to receive emails (same way we configure outlook client in windows)? Thanks in advance. -Dejavu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DejaVu
1 Replies

4. AIX

oracle 10g on AIX 5

hi can anyone help me by telling step by stem oracle10g installation in AIX 5 . Munir mondolsoft Bangladesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbamunir
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How can i install oracle 10g on x86

Please guide me to install oracle 10g in x86 machine running solaris10. I tried the method that is distributed with the Oracle cd, but i finds it to be too complicated for me to complete. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
2 Replies

6. Programming

Oracle 10g tables dumps

HI All, I am using Oracle 10g . Want to take dumps(.dmp log) from many tables with where clause having same schema. ex : TB_MTH_ORA_CAB "WHERE TRUNC(dw_entry_dt )= TO_DATE('01-JAN-2011')" TB_AM_AT_OSS_MAT "WHERE TRUNC(dw_entry_date )>= TO_DATE('01-JAN-2011') AND TRUNC(dw_entry_date )<=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies

7. AIX

Oracle 10g on AIX7

Hi, anyone know if Oracle Database 10g is AIX 7 certified??? thanks in advance. Regards. Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies
ETCKEEPER(8)															      ETCKEEPER(8)

NAME
etckeeper - store /etc in git, mercurial, bazaar, or darcs SYNOPSIS
etckeeper command [-d directory] DESCRIPTION
etckeeper manages /etc be stored in a git, mercurial, bazaar, or darcs repository. By default each of the commands operates on /etc, but a different directory can be specified to operate on a clone of the /etc repository located elsewhere. COMMANDS
init This initialises and sets up a git, mercurial, bazaar, or darcs repository (depending on the VCS setting in /etc/etckeeper/etck- eeper.conf). Typically this is run in /etc once when starting to use etckeeper on a machine. It can also be used to initialise a clone of the /etc repository located elsewhere. commit [message] Commits all changes in /etc to the repository. A commit message can be specified. You may also use the underlying VCS to commit man- ually. (Note that etckeeper commit will notice if a user has used sudo or su to become root, and record the original username in the commit.) pre-commit This is called as a pre-commit hook. It stores metadata and does sanity checks. pre-install This is called by apt's DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs hook, or by equivalent hooks of other package managers. It allows committing any uncommitted changes before packages are installed, upgraded, etc. post-install This is called by apt's DPkg::Post-Invoke hook, or by equivalent hooks of other package managers. It commits changes made by pack- ages into the repository. (You can also call this by hand after running dpkg by hand.) unclean This returns true if the directory contains uncommitted changes. update-ignore [-a] This updates the VCS ignore file. Content outside a "managed by etckeeper" block is not touched. This is generally run when upgrad- ing to a new version of etckeeper. (The -a switch will add a "managed by etckeeper" block if one is not present.) vcs subcommand [options ...] You can use this to run any subcommand of the VCS that etckeeper is configured to run. It will be run in /etc. For example, "etck- eeper vcs diff" will run "git diff", etc. uninit [-f] This command DESTROYS DATA! It is the inverse of the init command, removing VCS information and etckeeper's own bookkeeping informa- tion from the directory. Use with caution. A typical use case would be to run etckeeper uninit, then modify etckeeper.conf to use a different VCS, and then run etckeeper init. (The -f switch can be used to force uninit without prompting.) FILES
/etc/etckeeper/etckeeper.conf is the configuration file. /etc/etckeeper also contains directories containing the programs that are run for each of the above commands. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
ETCKEEPER_CONF_DIR path to configuration directory instead of default /etc/etckeeper. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/etckeeper/README.gz AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> ETCKEEPER(8)