Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Integrity Check
Operating Systems Solaris File Integrity Check Post 302254672 by athreyavc on Wednesday 5th of November 2008 12:44:32 AM
Old 11-05-2008
File Integrity Check

Hi,

I have two NFS shares mounted on a solaris system.

share1 and share2 , both are from different NFS servers

share1 has 500GB of data

share 2 is empty. I am copying all the data from share1 to share2.

It is like migrating the data from one NFS share to another.

Is there anyway with which I can determine the integrity of the copied Data?

I want to prevent any corruption of data while doing the same.

Can it be done?

Regards,

Athreya VC

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

File Integrity checker with recovery

Hello friends I have an CentosOS 5 box running Apache, I want to Install a powerful File Integrity checker with recovery option to maintain any changes may be happened without my hand Could you help me to recommend such solution Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reaky
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

data integrity check needed

Hi friends I need copied 100gd of data to other Solaris server. Could anyone help me guiding appropriate way of checking data integrity at source and destination so can I delete the data at source location . How can print/check cksum of individual file in each folder and match it with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_kamozalwar
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compressed and tar file integrity

How can I ensure the folder that I tar and compress is good to be archive in DVD or tape? Must I uncompress and untar the file, or there is any way to tell the integerity of the compressed file before send to archive? I have bad experience on this, which the archive compressed file cold not be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integrity check for the backup

Hello I thought of different ways of integrity check for the backup and look for the fastest approach to start programming. in all these approaches randomness is used. I would appreciate if someone give more suggestions or correct me. 1- Machine Name Check We can check if the machines were... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhling
5 Replies
File::ShareDir::Install(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      File::ShareDir::Install(3pm)

NAME
File::ShareDir::Install - Install shared files SYNOPSIS
use ExtUtils::MakeMaker; use File::ShareDir::Install; install_share 'share'; install_share dist => 'dist-share'; install_share module => 'My::Module' => 'other-share'; WriteMakefile( ... ); # As you normaly would package MY; use File::ShareDir::Install qw(postamble); DESCRIPTION
File::ShareDir::Install allows you to install read-only data files from a distribution. It is a companion module to File::ShareDir, which allows you to locate these files after installation. It is a port Module::Install::Share to ExtUtils::MakeMaker with the improvement of only installing the files you want; ".svn" and other source-control junk will be ignored. EXPORT
install_share install_share $dir; install_share dist => $dir; install_share module => $module, $dir; Causes all the files in $dir and its sub-directories. to be installed into a per-dist or per-module share directory. Must be called before WriteMakefile. The first 2 forms are equivalent. The files will be installed when you run "make install". To locate the files after installation so they can be used inside your module, see File::ShareDir. my $dir = File::ShareDir::module_dir( $module ); Note that if you make multiple calls to "install_share" on different directories that contain the same filenames, the last of these calls takes precedence. In other words, if you do: install_share 'share1'; install_share 'share2'; And both "share1" and "share2" contain a fill called "info", the file "share2/info" will be installed into your "dist_dir()". postamble Exported into the MY package. Only documented here if you need to write your own postable. package MY; use File::ShareDir::Install; sub postamble { my $self = shift; my @ret = File::ShareDir::Install::postamble( $self ); # ... add more things to @ret; return join " ", @ret; } SEE ALSO
File::ShareDir, Module::Install. AUTHOR
Philip Gwyn, <gwyn-AT-cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 by Philip Gwyn This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-26 File::ShareDir::Install(3pm)