Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shopt -s nullglob
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shopt -s nullglob Post 302254599 by cfajohnson on Tuesday 4th of November 2008 09:54:25 PM
Old 11-04-2008

As shopt -s nullglob is not standard, I'd use a test inside the loop:

Code:
for FILE in [AST]*.L1A_[GL]AC* S*.L1A_MLAC*; do
   [ -f "$FILE" ] || continue
   echo "$FILE"
   : ....
done

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 'shopt' doubt

Hi, I am using bash shell's extended pattern matching. What tweak the following code needs in order to get the expected output? shopt -s extglob f="a@b@_c@d@_e" echo "${f/@(@|@_)/__}" My expected output is: a__b__c__d__e but the actual output is: a__b@_c@d@_e # that is, how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash, Bourne, and nullglob

I have a script that start out with this: #!/sbin/sh Several things run. However I cannot get: shopt -s nullglob to run in Bourne. I get: shopt: not found So within the main script (after #!/sbin/sh at the top) I start bash with: bash and try to run what I need with: shopt -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shopt -s histappend

What is the point of this? Whenever I close my shell it appends to the history file without adding this. I have never seen it overwrite my history file. # When the shell exits, append to the history file instead of overwriting it shopt -s histappend (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies
UNLOCKED_STDIO(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						 UNLOCKED_STDIO(3)

NAME
*_unlocked - non-locking stdio functions SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int getc_unlocked(FILE *stream); int getchar_unlocked(void); int putc_unlocked(int c, FILE *stream); int putchar_unlocked(int c); #define _BSD_SOURCE /* or _SVID_SOURCE or _GNU_SOURCE */ #include <stdio.h> void clearerr_unlocked(FILE *stream); int feof_unlocked(FILE *stream); int ferror_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fileno_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fflush_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fgetc_unlocked(FILE *stream); int fputc_unlocked(int c, FILE *stream); size_t fread_unlocked(void *ptr, size_t size, size_t n, FILE *stream); size_t fwrite_unlocked(const void *ptr, size_t size, size_t n, FILE *stream); #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> char *fgets_unlocked(char *s, int n, FILE *stream); int fputs_unlocked(const char *s, FILE *stream); #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <wchar.h> wint_t getwc_unlocked(FILE *stream); wint_t getwchar_unlocked(void); wint_t fgetwc_unlocked(FILE *stream); wint_t fputwc_unlocked(wchar_t wc, FILE *stream); wint_t putwc_unlocked(wchar_t wc, FILE *stream); wint_t putwchar_unlocked(wchar_t wc); wchar_t *fgetws_unlocked(wchar_t *ws, int n, FILE *stream); int fputws_unlocked(const wchar_t *ws, FILE *stream); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions has the same behaviour as its counterpart without the `_unlocked' suffix, except that they do not use locking (they do not set locks themselves, and do not test for the presence of locks set by others) and hence are thread-unsafe. See flockfile(3). CONFORMING TO
The four functions getc_unlocked(), getchar_unlocked(), putc_unlocked(), putchar_unlocked() are in POSIX.1. The nonstandard *_unlocked() variants occur on a few Unix systems, and are available in recent glibc. They should probably not be used. SEE ALSO
flockfile(3) 2001-10-18 UNLOCKED_STDIO(3)