Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep MS Word document
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep MS Word document Post 302254540 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 4th of November 2008 04:42:11 PM
Old 11-04-2008
Is the file in unicode?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfer word document using ftp,sftp

Hello All, I want to transfer some world documents from solaris server to my local PC. using FTP i can not see the content of the files. Pls. tell me some other alternative (as sftp - i have tried with sftp ip_address which is not working) . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: artikulkarni
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt - Word Document or Formatted text as a Message

Hi, I am writing a mailing script by using mutt command. I that i have facing a issues. because, i want to send Some Formatted text as the mail message. but, i try to send the Word Document file as the Mail message. it shows some junk characters in the mail. :confused:I think the mutt command is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsenkumar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting LATEX PDF to WORD document

Hi there, is it possible to convert pdf files to Word with some free :p software or with some trick??? Now I'm working with LATEX and I can get pdf format but I would like to get .rtf or .doc files too:rolleyes:. Lately I found something like that, but it wasn't free. Thanks for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Copy and paste text from a word document into a txt file in vi

Hello, Can anybody please tell me how we can copy and paste text from a word document into a text file that we are editing in vi? Is it possible to do that while we are editing the text file in vi in insert mode? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy contents of unix file to Word document

Hello, I have a unix file about 3000lines which i want to copy from and paste it into a Word document. If i cat the file and try to scroll through it then not everything is captured so i am getting and incomplete paste. Any help is really appreciated. jak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

6. Programming

extract xml data and create word document using perl.

hi, i have large xml file which contains students information, i need to extract student number and some address tags and create a word document for the extracted data. my data looking llike this <student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelors</education> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

7. Programming

Extract xml data and create word document using perl.

Hi, I have large xml data file.I need to extract node and some tags in the node and after I need to create word document. my XMl data is look like as below -<student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelor</bachelor> <specialization>computers</specialization> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating word document (.doc) with attachment in unix solaris

Hi All, Is it possible to creation a word document (.doc) in unix solaris which includes an attachment (i.e similar to insert -> object add attachment in windows) Requirement is to add files into .doc and the files is present in unix servers. Is it possible to do this within unix instead... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay547
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word change in a document

I have a bunch of documents where I need to change the word pi to pisignage. No big deal there: sed -i -e 's/pi/spisignage/g' /path/to/file However it is finding things like the word stopping and making the word stoppisignageng. Any suggestions to just find the work pi and change it? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wspgpete
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word change in a document

I have a bunch of documents where I need to change the word pi to pisignage. No big deal there: sed -i -e 's/pi/spisignage/g' /path/to/file However it is finding things like the word stopping and making the word stoppisignageng. Any suggestions to just find the word pi and change it? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wspgpete
3 Replies
UNICODE(1)						      General Commands Manual							UNICODE(1)

NAME
unicode - command line unicode database query tool SYNOPSIS
unicode [options] string DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the unicode command. unicode is a command line unicode database query tool. OPTIONS
-h --help Show help and exit. -x --hexadecimal Assume string to be a hexadecimal number -d --decimal Assume string to be a decimal number -r --regexp Assume string to be a regular expression -s --string Assume string to be a sequence of characters -a --auto Try to guess type of string from one of the above (default) -mMAXCOUNT --max=MAXCOUNT Maximal number of codepoints to display, default: 20; use 0 for unlimited -iCHARSET --io=IOCHARSET I/O character set. For maximal pleasure, run unicode on UTF-8 capable terminal and specify IOCHARSET to be UTF-8. unicode tries to guess this value from your locale, so with properly set up locale, you should not need to specify it. -cADDCHARSET --charset-add=ADDCHARSET Show hexadecimal reprezentation of displayed characters in this additional charset. -CUSE_COLOUR --colour=USE_COLOUR USE_COLOUR is one of on off auto --colour=on will use ANSI colour codes to colourise the output --colour=off won't use colours. --colour=auto will test if standard output is a tty, and use colours only when it is. --color is a synonym of --colour -v --verbose Be more verbose about displayed characters, e.g. display Unihan information, if available. -w --wikipedia Spawn browser pointing to Wikipedia entry about the character. USAGE
unicode tries to guess the type of an argument. For example, you can use any of the following to display information about U+00E1 LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE (a): unicode 00E1 unicode U+00E1 unicode a unicode 'latin small letter a with acute' You can specify a range of characters as argumets, unicode will show these characters in nice tabular format, aligned to 256-byte bound- aries. Use two dots ".." to indicate the range, e.g. unicode 0450..0520 will display the whole cyrillic and hebrew blocks (characters from U+0400 to U+05FF) unicode 0400.. will display just characters from U+0400 up to U+04FF BUGS
Tabular format does not deal well with full-width, combining, control and RTL characters. SEE ALSO
ascii(1) AUTHOR
Radovan Garabik <garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk> 2003-01-31 UNICODE(1)