Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep MS Word document
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep MS Word document Post 302254539 by mkris on Tuesday 4th of November 2008 04:39:53 PM
Old 11-04-2008
Grep MS Word document

Hi,

I have to read a MS word document to find some strings(expressions) .The reading should be done by paragraph.I have to show the entire paragraph If I find any string/expression in that.

Please help me out.

Thanks
Regards
Kris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfer word document using ftp,sftp

Hello All, I want to transfer some world documents from solaris server to my local PC. using FTP i can not see the content of the files. Pls. tell me some other alternative (as sftp - i have tried with sftp ip_address which is not working) . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: artikulkarni
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt - Word Document or Formatted text as a Message

Hi, I am writing a mailing script by using mutt command. I that i have facing a issues. because, i want to send Some Formatted text as the mail message. but, i try to send the Word Document file as the Mail message. it shows some junk characters in the mail. :confused:I think the mutt command is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsenkumar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting LATEX PDF to WORD document

Hi there, is it possible to convert pdf files to Word with some free :p software or with some trick??? Now I'm working with LATEX and I can get pdf format but I would like to get .rtf or .doc files too:rolleyes:. Lately I found something like that, but it wasn't free. Thanks for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Copy and paste text from a word document into a txt file in vi

Hello, Can anybody please tell me how we can copy and paste text from a word document into a text file that we are editing in vi? Is it possible to do that while we are editing the text file in vi in insert mode? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy contents of unix file to Word document

Hello, I have a unix file about 3000lines which i want to copy from and paste it into a Word document. If i cat the file and try to scroll through it then not everything is captured so i am getting and incomplete paste. Any help is really appreciated. jak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

6. Programming

extract xml data and create word document using perl.

hi, i have large xml file which contains students information, i need to extract student number and some address tags and create a word document for the extracted data. my data looking llike this <student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelors</education> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

7. Programming

Extract xml data and create word document using perl.

Hi, I have large xml data file.I need to extract node and some tags in the node and after I need to create word document. my XMl data is look like as below -<student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelor</bachelor> <specialization>computers</specialization> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating word document (.doc) with attachment in unix solaris

Hi All, Is it possible to creation a word document (.doc) in unix solaris which includes an attachment (i.e similar to insert -> object add attachment in windows) Requirement is to add files into .doc and the files is present in unix servers. Is it possible to do this within unix instead... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay547
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word change in a document

I have a bunch of documents where I need to change the word pi to pisignage. No big deal there: sed -i -e 's/pi/spisignage/g' /path/to/file However it is finding things like the word stopping and making the word stoppisignageng. Any suggestions to just find the work pi and change it? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wspgpete
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word change in a document

I have a bunch of documents where I need to change the word pi to pisignage. No big deal there: sed -i -e 's/pi/spisignage/g' /path/to/file However it is finding things like the word stopping and making the word stoppisignageng. Any suggestions to just find the word pi and change it? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wspgpete
3 Replies
QSyntaxHighlighter(3qt) 												   QSyntaxHighlighter(3qt)

NAME
QSyntaxHighlighter - Base class for implementing QTextEdit syntax highlighters SYNOPSIS
#include <qsyntaxhighlighter.h> Inherits Qt. Public Members QSyntaxHighlighter ( QTextEdit * textEdit ) virtual ~QSyntaxHighlighter () virtual int highlightParagraph ( const QString & text, int endStateOfLastPara ) = 0 void setFormat ( int start, int count, const QFont & font, const QColor & color ) void setFormat ( int start, int count, const QColor & color ) void setFormat ( int start, int count, const QFont & font ) QTextEdit * textEdit () const void rehighlight () int currentParagraph () const DESCRIPTION
The QSyntaxHighlighter class is a base class for implementing QTextEdit syntax highlighters. A syntax highligher automatically highlights parts of the text in a QTextEdit. Syntax highlighters are often used when the user is entering text in a specific format (for example, source code) and help the user to read the text and identify syntax errors. To provide your own syntax highlighting for QTextEdit, you must subclass QSyntaxHighlighter and reimplement highlightParagraph(). When you create an instance of your QSyntaxHighlighter subclass, pass it the QTextEdit that you want the syntax highlighting to be applied to. After this your highlightParagraph() function will be called automatically whenever necessary. Use your highlightParagraph() function to apply formatting (e.g. setting the font and color) to the text that is passed to it. See also Basic Widgets and Text Related Classes. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QSyntaxHighlighter::QSyntaxHighlighter ( QTextEdit * textEdit ) Constructs the QSyntaxHighlighter and installs it on textEdit. It is the caller's responsibility to delete the QSyntaxHighlighter when it is no longer needed. QSyntaxHighlighter::~QSyntaxHighlighter () [virtual] Destructor. Uninstalls this syntax highlighter from the textEdit() int QSyntaxHighlighter::currentParagraph () const Returns the id of the paragraph which is highlighted, or -1 of no paragraph is currently highlighted. Usually this function is called from within highlightParagraph(). int QSyntaxHighlighter::highlightParagraph ( const QString & text, int endStateOfLastPara ) [pure virtual] This function is called when necessary by the rich text engine, i.e. on paragraphs which have changed. In your reimplementation you should parse the paragraph's text and call setFormat() as often as necessary to apply any font and color changes that you require. Your function must return a value which indicates the paragraph's end state: see below. Some syntaxes can have constructs that span paragraphs. For example, a C++ syntax highlighter should be able to cope with /*...*/ comments that span paragraphs. To deal with these cases it is necessary to know the end state of the previous paragraph (e.g. "in comment"). If your syntax does not have paragraph spanning constructs, simply ignore the endStateOfLastPara parameter and always return 0. Whenever highlightParagraph() is called it is passed a value for endStateOfLastPara. For the very first paragraph this value is always -2. For any other paragraph the value is the value returned by the most recent highlightParagraph() call that applied to the preceding paragraph. The value you return is up to you. We recommend only returning 0 (to signify that this paragraph's syntax highlighting does not affect the following paragraph), or a positive integer (to signify that this paragraph has ended in the middle of a paragraph spanning construct). To find out which paragraph is highlighted, call currentParagraph(). For example, if you're writing a simple C++ syntax highlighter, you might designate 1 to signify "in comment". For a paragraph that ended in the middle of a comment you'd return 1, and for other paragraphs you'd return 0. In your parsing code if endStateOfLastPara was 1, you would highlight the text as a C++ comment until you reached the closing */. void QSyntaxHighlighter::rehighlight () Redoes the highlighting of the whole document. void QSyntaxHighlighter::setFormat ( int start, int count, const QFont & font, const QColor & color ) This function is applied to the syntax highlighter's current paragraph (the text of which is passed to the highlightParagraph() function). The specified font and color are applied to the text from position start for count characters. (If count is 0, nothing is done.) void QSyntaxHighlighter::setFormat ( int start, int count, const QColor & color ) This is an overloaded member function, provided for convenience. It behaves essentially like the above function. void QSyntaxHighlighter::setFormat ( int start, int count, const QFont & font ) This is an overloaded member function, provided for convenience. It behaves essentially like the above function. QTextEdit * QSyntaxHighlighter::textEdit () const Returns the QTextEdit on which this syntax highlighter is installed SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qsyntaxhighlighter.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2007 Trolltech ASA, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qsyntaxhighlighter.3qt) and the Qt version (3.3.8). Trolltech AS 2 February 2007 QSyntaxHighlighter(3qt)