Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 0403-006 Execute permission denied. Post 302254515 by shockneck on Tuesday 4th of November 2008 03:03:54 PM
Old 11-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeym210
root@web1:> ./test
./test[6]: 110408144257: not found
./test[7]: tstweb1: not found
[...]]
Don't ever use "test" as name for a Unix script. Smilie It is a command that evaluates conditional expressions.

PS And try this:
Code:
filename=$varhost"_"$vardate

Last edited by shockneck; 11-04-2008 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: added PS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wat is execute permission denied???

hi, i have a problem and is needed by next week. when i need to run a program at the specified time using the crontab, after that the program which will send a messege to the screen using the say command, which will show "Hello" but there is an error when i run it, in the mail it show that ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckng
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

4. AIX

rm: execute permission denied in AIX

Hello All, We have an existing ssh set-up between 2 Unix servers ( Server A and Server B). Recently, we've had a problem where we cannot delete files (via app engine and even manually, after connecting thru ssh) on Server B. We manage Server A but Server B is handled by a different group, as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

5. AIX

slibclean: 0403-006 Execute permission

Friends , I am going to update the oracle version from '10.2.0.1.0' to '10.2.0.4.0' in AIX 6.1 . During upgradation it needs to run the following script as root user : sh /usr/sbin/slibclean But when this script is run then it shows the following error : # sh /usr/sbin/slibclean sh:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change: xecho: execute permission denied error

Hello, I am have an issues with one of my scripts. I get the following error when I get to the point in the script where I am making the change. The change does take however. the error is "change: xecho: execute permission denied" Everything was working properly until I start cleaning... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsonjr
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Error 0403-006 Execute permission denied.

Hi All, Need your help.. I am writing one script in which I am assigning value to one variable but when i am executing it is showing error "0403-006 Execute permission denied" below is the line of that script : INPUT_COUNT=wc $GIF_DIR/input/VID_RIMS.DAT | awk '{print $1}' and access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
2 Replies

8. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Swinstall and rsync - execute permission denied

Hello, I have managed to install rsync using swinstall and also as far as I can tell the dependancies we didn't have. However when trying to execute the binary I get the following error :- />rsync sh: rsync: Execute permission denied. />which rsync /usr/local/bin/rsync... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogaBija
10 Replies
test(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   test(1)

Name
       test - test conditional expression

Syntax
       test expr
       [ expr ]

Description
       The  command  evaluates the expression expr.  If the value of expr is true, the command returns a zero exit status; otherwise, it returns a
       nonzero exit status.  The command also returns a nonzero exit status if no arguments are specified.

Options
       The following primitives are used to construct expr:

-r file		   Tests if the file exists and is readable.

-w file		   Tests if the file exists and is writable.

-f file		   Tests if the file exists and is not a directory.

-d file		   Tests if the file exists and is a directory.

-s file		   Tests if the file exists and has a size greater than zero.

-t [ fildes ]	   Tests if the open file, whose file descriptor number is fildes (1 by default), is associated with a terminal device.

-z s1		   Tests if the length of string s1 is zero.

-n s1		   Tests if the length of the string s1 is nonzero.

s1 = s2		   Tests if the strings s1 and s2 are equal.

s1 != s2 	   Tests if the strings s1 and s2 are not equal.

s1		   Tests if s1 is not the null string.

n1 -eq n2	   Tests if number1 equals number2.

n1 -ge n2	   Tests if number1 is greater than or equal to number2.

n1 -gt n2	   Tests if number1 is greater than number2.

n1 -le n2	   Tests if number1 is less than or equal to number2.

n1 -lt n2	   Tests if number1 is less than number2.

n1 -ne n2	   Tests if number1 is not equal to number2.

These primitives can be combined with the following operators:

!expr		   Negates evaluation of expression.

expr -a expr	   Tests logical and of two expressions.

expr -o expr	   Tests logical or of two expressions.

( expr... )	   Groups expressions.

The -a operator takes precedence over the -o operator.  Note that all the operators and flags are separate  arguments  to  Note	also  that
       parentheses are meaningful to the Shell and must be escaped.

See Also
       find(1), sh(1), test(1sh5)

test(1)