Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs Post 302254298 by harish.parker on Tuesday 4th of November 2008 05:30:10 AM
Old 11-04-2008
Hi zaxxon,

thanks for your reply.

Right now i am using following funtion for yesterday date:

today=`date +%Y%m%d`
yesterday=`expr $today - 1`
echo $yesterday

The output is comming in YYYYMMDD format.So my problem is that i m not able to convert this format in "Tue Nov 04 11:27:30 MET 2008" which is mentioned in log file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep logs on the fly

Hi, We use an application that is dumping logs to a file on disk. However, this is dumping very verbosely and there is no method of turning down the logging level. We need to remove certain contents from these before they are commited to disk. Has anybody got any ideas how I can do this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harperonline
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for lines in web logs

I want to find the unique url in a apache logs which got 404 error . I can do something like "cat apache.log|grep 404|awk '{print $2,$3}'|grep 404 this will give me say /foo.html 404 /foo.html 404 /foo.html 404 /bar.html 404 /cat.html 404 However my output should only find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep the logs for two particular timestamp

Hi, could anyone help me out how to write a script, to grep the two timestamp from a particular file, so that it will list out all the logs between the particular timestamp I have a pattern of log: servicename operationname starttime endtime eg., servicename1 operationname1 01:11:11... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacktolearn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search on weblogic logs with date time ranges 2

Hi All, The developers want me to search and capture the weblogic log, you know this big logs of htmls. They want to me to have ranges on the date and time. Like from "2010-01-20 14:04:46,186" to "2010-01-20 15:00:12,490" I can only do this, cat /usr/local/bea/logs_prod1/debug.log |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Linux

search on weblogic logs with date time ranges

Hi All, The developers want me to search and capture the weblogic log, you know this big logs of htmls. They want to me to have ranges on the date and time. Like from "2010-01-20 14:04:46,186" to "2010-01-20 15:00:12,490" I can only do this, cat /usr/local/bea/logs_prod1/debug.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to grep outofmemory message in logs

I have prepare script to grep for outofmemory messages in the logs. I need help in modifying script. I have implemented small logic. The outofmemory messages form six logs will store in variables. var1=`grep -i outofmemory $tomcat1logs | sed -n '$p'| sed -n -e "s/.*\(outofmemory\).*/\1/p"`... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Logs That Are Updating

Hello all. I am new to this forum and also very new to using grep - so please excuse me if this question is not in the correct forum and/or is not pertinent to this website. I use greps like this: gunzip -c L:\System1\SailLogger_20071019* L:\System2\SailLogger_20071019*... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl2013
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to grep logs for Errors

Hi Guys, I want to write a script which can grep the logs (server.log) from a file for Error String and output to a other file. Problems: How to know about the errors only between the current restart and not in previous as server.log has earlier restarts also? thanks for the help! Much... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep last 5 mins from logs

Hi, system date format Thu Jun 13 12:55:18 EDT 2019 My log date format 09.148.192.60 - - "GET /akamai/sureroute-test-object.html HTTP/1.1" 404 231 can someone please help me, how to get last 5mins of logs please ? I need the command Please wrap your samples/codes in CODE TAGS,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scazed
3 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3pm)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. The TZ variable will continue to work until Dec 2013 at which point it will be removed. Other deprecated config variables The following config variables have been deprecated, but will continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date): IntCharSet (removed Oct 2012) TZ (removed Dec 2013) The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: GlobalCnf PersonalCnf PathSep IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnfPath ConvTZ Internal TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ ResetWorkdDay today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjunction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-02 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3pm)