Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: plz understand my query...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting plz understand my query... Post 302254292 by zaxxon on Tuesday 4th of November 2008 05:21:53 AM
Old 11-04-2008
Code:
sed 's/[[:cntrl:]]//g'

Next time use a bit more interessting title for your thread so other people can see from outside what it's about, please.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't understand

how i can download this game n start it :S (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BoyArcher
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't understand this at all.

Ok, i've been trying to write some shell scripts. nothing challenging, but just automating All of the tutorials i read say to start the file with #!/bin/bash or whatever your path to bash is. So i do it, and all of my scripts error out saying ./nameofscript:command not found when i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: severndigital
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me

this script reads source.txt and move and random choice 6 files among 25 txt file and renmame it.. but it is not executed.. whats problem? #!/bin/ksh while read line do cd $line/radmin num=0 /bin/ls *.txt | while read file_nm ; do (( check = $RANDOM % 2 )) if ; then continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a help for a query--PLZ ASAP

I want to open a file which is in encrypted form and it consists Usernames and passwords.a custommized command is there to open the file.the command is exe of a shell script which takes arguments filename. after opening with the command it will show four options which are ADD,update,search and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

can't understand!

Hi All, can you please help me to figured out what's the meaning of this. ${SERVER_DATABASE} -b << EOF 2>>/dev/null THanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
GRIB_COPY(1)							   User Commands						      GRIB_COPY(1)

NAME
grib_copy - Copies the content of grib files printing values of some keys. DESCRIPTION
Copies the content of grib files printing values of some keys. USAGE
grib_copy [options] grib_file grib_file ... output_grib_file OPTIONS
-f Force. Force the execution not to fail on error. -r Repack data. Sometimes after setting some keys involving properties of the packing algorithm a repacking of data is needed. This repacking is performed setting this -r option. -p key[:{s/d/l}],key[:{s/d/l}],... Declaration of keys to print. For each key a string (key:s) or a double (key:d) or a long (key:l) type can be requested. Default type is string. -P key[:{s/d/l}],key[:{s/d/l}],... As -p adding the declared keys to the default list. -w key[:{s/d/l}]=value,key[:{s/d/l}]=value,... Where clause. Only grib messages matching the key/value constraints are copied to the output_grib_file. For each key a string (key:s) or a double (key:d) or a long (key:l) type can be defined. Default type is string. -B order by directive Order by. The output will be ordered according the order by directive. Order by example: "step asc, centre desc" (step ascending and centre discending) -V Version. -W width Minimum width of each column in output. Default is 10. -M Multi-grib support off. Turn off support for multiple fields in single grib message -g Copy GTS header. -G GRIBEX compatibility mode. -7 Does not fail when the message has wrong length -v Verbose. AUTHOR
This manpage has been autogenerated by Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org>from the command line help of grib_copy. grib_copy April 2009 GRIB_COPY(1)