Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Solution
Special Forums IP Networking Network Solution Post 302254234 by sumitpandya on Monday 3rd of November 2008 11:58:01 PM
Old 11-04-2008
Ddns

Use DynamicDNS if you have problem of only name resolution via DNS

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Home Network Storage Solution.

Hi All... I have never really touched any form of unix so any help would be appraciated. I am looking at creating/building another PC to add to my network for storage purposes only. Would unix be the best OS to use in this situation as all I have available to me is a very low end PC. As... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Merlyn
10 Replies

2. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Best solution for a network share?

This is in a CentOS 6 environment, our developer needs to be able to specify a relative path to a shared folder so that four machines can all point to the same shared directory, so I need to know the easiest way to do this in a native Linux environment. I've already created the directory on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xdawg
2 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::DnsResolver(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Mail::SpamAssassin::DnsResolver(3pm)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::DnsResolver - DNS resolution engine DESCRIPTION
This is a DNS resolution engine for SpamAssassin, implemented in order to reduce file descriptor usage by Net::DNS and avoid a response collision bug in that module. METHODS
$res->load_resolver() Load the "Net::DNS::Resolver" object. Returns 0 if Net::DNS cannot be used, 1 if it is available. $resolver = $res->get_resolver() Return the "Net::DNS::Resolver" object. $res->nameservers() Wrapper for Net::DNS::Resolver->nameservers to get or set list of nameservers $res->connect_sock() Re-connect to the first nameserver listed in "/etc/resolv.conf" or similar platform-dependent source, as provided by "Net::DNS". $res->get_sock() Return the "IO::Socket::INET" object used to communicate with the nameserver. $packet = new_dns_packet ($host, $type, $class) A wrapper for "Net::DNS::Packet::new()" which traps a die thrown by it. To use this, change calls to "Net::DNS::Resolver::bgsend" from: $res->bgsend($hostname, $type); to: $res->bgsend(Mail::SpamAssassin::DnsResolver::new_dns_packet($hostname, $type, $class)); $id = $res->bgsend($host, $type, $class, $cb) Quite similar to "Net::DNS::Resolver::bgsend", except that when a response packet eventually arrives, and "poll_responses" is called, the callback sub reference $cb will be called. Note that $type and $class may be "undef", in which case they will default to "A" and "IN", respectively. The callback sub will be called with three arguments -- the packet that was delivered, and an id string that fingerprints the query packet and the expected reply. The third argument is a timestamp (Unix time, floating point), captured at the time the packet was collected. It is expected that a closure callback be used, like so: my $id = $self->{resolver}->bgsend($host, $type, undef, sub { my ($reply, $reply_id, $timestamp) = @_; $self->got_a_reply ($reply, $reply_id); }); The callback can ignore the reply as an invalid packet sent to the listening port if the reply id does not match the return value from bgsend. $nfound = $res->poll_responses() See if there are any "bgsend" response packets ready, and return the number of such packets delivered to their callbacks. $res->bgabort() Call this to release pending requests from memory, when aborting backgrounded requests, or when the scan is complete. "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus::check" calls this before returning. $packet = $res->send($name, $type, $class) Emulates "Net::DNS::Resolver::send()". $res->errorstring() Little more than a stub for callers expecting this from "Net::DNS::Resolver". If called immediately after a call to $res->send this will return "query timed out" if the $res->send DNS query timed out. Otherwise "unknown error or no error" will be returned. No other errors are reported. $res->finish_socket() Reset socket when done with it. $res->finish() Clean up for destruction. perl v5.14.2 2011-06-06 Mail::SpamAssassin::DnsResolver(3pm)