Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux kernel upgradation
Operating Systems Linux Linux kernel upgradation Post 302254233 by Annihilannic on Monday 3rd of November 2008 11:57:28 PM
Old 11-04-2008
Hmm... I think you're heading into risky territory there, upgrading a kernel on an embedded device of some sort?

If you're lucky you might get away with getting an entire copy of the newer kernel and copying the smdk6400-specific subdirectories into the new kernel tree... however I don't fancy your chances. Personally I'd wait for a new release of the kernel from the original developers/suppliers for your device.

Either way you'd really want to know what you were doing before attempting this or your device may become unusable!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Whether the upgradation of oracle DB needs upgradation of sun solaris also?

Currently we are using Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 in sun solaris 5.9 server. We wnt to upgrade the oracle database to 10.2g. My doubt is that " what are the implications of this database upgradation in sun solaris server" "whether we need to upgrade the sunsolaris 5.9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Linux RHEL 4 upgradation problem

Hi All, I have some problem in upgrading Linux from kernel 2.4.21-4.EL to 2.4.21-27.EL. I downloaded the package from Rpm source : kernel-source-2.4.21-27.EL.i386 RPM I upgraded using rpm -Uvh kernel-source-2.4.21-27.EL It installed sucessfully, But when i check grub.conf file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VNK
3 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.3 ML/TL upgradation

hi everybody, I want to apply the TL 5300-05. Presently TL is 5300-00. What steps i have to do while upgrading the maintenance level.??? Is it necessary to upgrade the firmware also?? If yes then my current firmware is Platform Firmware level is 3F050607 System Firmware level is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jit15975
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl-Upgradation from 5.8 to 5.12

Hi, I have UNIX system on which Perl is already installed. When I run the command perl -v . It gives the output as This is perl, v5.8.8 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi Copyright 1987-2006, Larry Wall I wanted to upgrade it to the latest version. So, I downloaded the perl onto my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: donisback
2 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux 1.2 25 October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)