Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Digital TV Rocks!
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Digital TV Rocks! Post 302254220 by Perderabo on Monday 3rd of November 2008 10:46:03 PM
Old 11-03-2008
MySQL Digital TV Rocks!

I will move sometime over the next few months and I cancelled my cable tv service a few weeks ago. I got some rabbit ears, but I really could only pick up a few channels and they were snowy. But I went to US government digital TV website and honestly said that my only source of tv signals was an antenna. They sent me two $40 coupons for a digital converter box. I bought a converter with one of the coupons and hooked it up. Whoa! I get 17 channels and they are better than cable ever was. It really is unbelievable!

I don't watch that much TV anyway. I may just forget about cable! Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Rocks clusters make sense for educational environments

08-18-2008 11:00 AM Cluster computing has played a pivotal role in the way research is conducted in educational environments. Because the amount of available money and hardware varies between university researchers, often it's necessary to find a clustering solution that can work well on a small... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

g03 problems on rocks 5.3 with sge queue.

Dear all, I'm a new guy doing some quntum calculation with gaussian on my rocks clusters. Recently, my cluster upgraded to rocks 5.3, but something strange happened. Everything goes correct except a serious problem. when I summit my gaussian job with script to sge queue, the job does run,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
0 Replies

3. Linux

Intermittent connectivity issues with ROCKS on a compute cluster

I have a cluster set up with a head node and compute nodes running TORQUE and MOAB. The distro is ROCKS 5.3. I've been having problems with the connectivity for the past couple weeks now. Every couple hours it seems like the network connectivity will just stop working: sometimes it'll start back up... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandalf85
0 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

HPL on Rocks 5.3

Hey I am new to cluster benchmarking wondering if there was any guide available that I missed in my google searchs for HPL. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: futamill
0 Replies

5. Linux

Rocks cluster 6.1 and MPICH2 problem??????

Hey friends, I am trying to execute a simple hello world in mpi on MPICH2 on Rocks cluster. here is the c source code. #include <mpi.h> #include <stdio.h> int main( int argc, char ** argv ) { MPI_Init( NULL, NULL ); int world_size; MPI_Comm_size( MPI_COMM_WORLD, &world_size ); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CentOS 6.8 with Rocks Cluster: ldconfig is not a symbolic link errors

Any help appreciated just logging in to this server which is a front end for Rocks Cluster 6.1.1. Getting the below errors: ldconfig ldconfig: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 is not a symbolic link ldconfig: /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 is not a symbolic link ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 is not a symbolic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
3 Replies
tvtime-scanner(1)					      General Commands Manual						 tvtime-scanner(1)

NAME
tvtime-scanner - an all-band scanner for tvtime to help users of European cable providers that do not use standard frequencies SYNOPSIS
tvtime-scanner [ OPTION ] ... DESCRIPTION
tvtime-scanner allows a user to scan all frequencies for stations. This is useful for European cable provides such as UPC or Casema which do not use standard frequency tables for their channels. tvtime-scanner checks for frequencies across the full band and writes it to your stationlist.xml file in a table called "Custom". This can be selected by running "tvtime --frequencies=custom" or by selecting the Custom frequency table within the OSD menu inside tvtime. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show usage information. -F, --configfile=FILE Additional config file to load settings from. -d, --device=NAME video4linux device to use (defaults to /dev/video0). -i, --input=INPUTNUM video4linux input number (defaults to 0). Cards commonly have a bunch of sources, for example, on my WinTV card, source 0 is my tuner and source 1 is the composite input. The scanner requires using an input that has a tuner. -n, --norm=NORM The mode to set the tuner to (defaults to NTSC). Valid modes are: o NTSC o PAL o SECAM o PAL-NC o PAL-M o PAL-N o NTSC-JP AUTHORS
Billy Biggs. SEE ALSO
tvtime(1), tvtime-configure(1), tvtime.xml(5), tvtime 1.0RC1 October 2004 tvtime-scanner(1)