Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to set the Daylight Saving Time (DST) OFF Post 302254161 by Billy_yuli on Monday 3rd of November 2008 08:28:08 PM
Old 11-03-2008
Actually I'm in Jakarta (it is GMT+7).
So, I have to change the tztab setting and edit the /etc/TIMEZONE ?
But what tztab setting I have to change ?
note : The HPUX version is HPUX 11i

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timestamp - confusion with daylight saving time

Hello! I'm currently working on a climatological dataset that uses unix-timestamp and a real date like 28/03/2004 02:45:00 h. in spring the unix-timestamp follows its continuos mode but in the column of the real date the time jumps one hour forward (e.g. from 1:59:59 to 3:00:00). i think this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softmachine
1 Replies

2. Solaris

disable daylight saving

hi ... i have an E450 sun server that is running solaris 6 . i want to disable daylight savings on my server . My question is : 1) how to know that my server is running daylight savings ? 2) how to disable it ? my zoneinfo file contains the following # @(#)init.dfl 1.2 92/11/26 # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. AIX

Daylight Saving Time patch test

On AIX 5.1, after applying a DST patch or workaround, is there a way to test that the DST changes have taken effect? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

4. AIX

Implement daylight saving.

Hi all We are currently using AIX 5.3, we reuquire to change the time according to the daylight saving scenario. We are using the internal clock and are not synced with ntp server. Can any one please tell me how to do that without effecting the processes running on the servers? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masquerer
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I set save daylight time

Hi everybody... I am using IBM unix server . Server take time options from satellite but server is not include true setting . What can I do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deox
2 Replies

6. Linux

Reading Daylight Saving Time in Linux using C/C++

Hi folks, I would like to read the start date and end date of the Daylight Saving Time for the given timezone in the given year. What's the function in C/C++ to read the start of the Daylight Saving date and end of Daylight saving date? I'm using Linux 2.6.xx Kernel. For Example, in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
4 Replies

7. Linux

How to configure daylight saving time

Hi, I have few doubt on daylight saving. Can any one clarify the below points. 1) How to configure daylight saving(DLS) time ? 2) How to query DLS ? 3) If i set DLS(say some how) will it be autometically changed or user has to manually change system time ? I got few info on net about... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
3 Replies

8. Linux

How does Linux handle DST ( daylight saving time)?

Hello Can sombody please tell me how linux handles DST ( daylight saving time) ? Does the time change instantly , ex: if is is 3'o clock does linux instantly swich to 2'o clock ? plese give more info about this toppic (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martonlorand
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 Daylight Saving Time

Hello, Quick question: How do I verify if my Solaris 11 hosts/zones, configured with NTP, would change automatically to the DST? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
1 Replies
cron(1M)																  cron(1M)

NAME
cron - timed-job execution daemon SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
executes commands at specified dates and times. Regularly scheduled commands can be specified according to instructions placed in files. Users can submit their own files with a command (see crontab(1)). Users can submit commands that are to be executed only once with an or command. Since never exits, it should be executed only once. This is best done by running from the initialization process with the startup script (see init(1M)). only establishes a schedule for files and or command files during process initialization and when it is notified by or that a file has been added, deleted, or modified. When executes a job, the job's user and group IDs are set to those of the user who submitted the job. Spring and Autumn Time Transitions On the days of daylight savings (summer) time transition (in time zones and countries where daylight savings time applies), schedules com- mands differently from normal. In the following description, an ambiguous time refers to an hour and minute that occurs twice in the same day because of a daylight sav- ings time transition (usually on a day during the Autumn season). A nonexistent time refers to an hour and minute that does not occur because of a daylight savings time transition (usually on a day during the Spring season). DST-shift refers to the offset that is applied to standard time to result in daylight savings time. This is normally one hour, but can be any combination of hours and minutes up to 23 hours and 59 minutes (see tztab(4)). When a command is specified to run at an ambiguous time, the command is executed only once at the occurrence of the ambiguous time. When a command is specified to run at a nonexistent time, the command is executed after the specified time by an amount of time equal to the DST-shift. When such an adjustment would conflict with another time specified to run the command, the command is run only once rather than running the command twice at the same time. Commands that are scheduled to run during all hours (there is a is in the hour field of the entry) are scheduled without any adjustment. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). DIAGNOSTICS
A history of all actions taken by is recorded in EXAMPLES
The following examples assume that the time zone is In this time zone, the DST transition occurs one second before 2:00 a.m. and the DST- shift is 1 hour. Consider the following entries in a file: For the period of 1:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. on the days of DST transition, the results will be: Job Times Run in Fall Times Run in Spring ----------------------------------------------------- Job_1 01:00 MDT 01:00 MST Job_2 02:00 MDT 03:00 MDT Job_3 03:00 MST 03:00 MDT Job_4 04:00 MST 04:00 MDT Job_hourly 01:00 MDT 01:00 MST 02:00 MDT 02:00 MST 03:00 MST 03:00 MDT 04:00 MST 04:00 MDT Multiple_1 02:00 MDT 03:00 MST 03:00 MDT 04:00 MST 04:00 MDT Multiple_2 02:00 MDT 03:00 MDT 04:00 MST 04:00 MDT WARNINGS
In the Spring, when there is a nonexistent hour because of daylight savings time, a command that is scheduled to run multiple times during the nonexistent hour will only be run once. For example, a command scheduled to run at 2:00 and 2:30 a.m. in the time zone will only run at 3:00 a.m. The command that was scheduled at 2:30 a.m. will not be run at all, instead of running at 3:30 a.m. DEPENDENCIES
HP Process Resource Manager If the optional HP Process Resource Management (PRM) software is installed and configured, jobs are launched in the initial process resource group of the user that scheduled the job. The user's initial group is determined at the time the job is started, not when the job is scheduled. If the user's initial group is not defined, the job runs in the user default group See prmconfig(1) for a description of how to configure HP PRM, and prmconf(4) for a description of how the user's initial process resource group is determined. AUTHOR
was developed by AT&T and HP. FILES
Main directory Directory containing and job files Directory containing files Accounting information SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), sh(1), init(1M), queuedefs(4), tztab(4). HP Process Resource Manager: prmconfig(1), prmconf(4) in STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
cron(1M)