Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Swing and Unix
Top Forums Programming Swing and Unix Post 302254157 by Annihilannic on Monday 3rd of November 2008 07:35:05 PM
Old 11-03-2008
Also, can you launch other vanilla X applications fine from the xterm, such as xclock?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

swing not getting initialized when the DISPLAY is not set

I have a batch programme which will load the Spreadsheet into database.. When the DISPLAY is set and X11 window server is running, there is no issue in reading the spreadsheet and loading into database without lauching UI. But if the display is not set, then there is an issue... Any ideas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

2. Programming

Swing GUI hangs on Mac OS

Hi All, I have created a simple swing application, that has 3 textfields, and 2 buttons. When I try to run the code, following error comes and GUI hangs. 2011-01-21 22:32:39.905 java : Enabled 2011-01-21 22:32:39.908 java : Setting timeout for SWT to 0.100000 2011-01-21 22:32:40.589 java ***... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

3. Programming

Java Swing

Hi All, I am new to java swing. I want to develop a electronic schematic editor in java swing. An schematic editor is one where you can put all electronic components and join them to make a circuit. Its like drawing your circuit on paper. Here the paper would be like graph paper or grid which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies
RXTERM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RXTERM(1)

NAME
rxterm -- start a secure remote xterm SYNOPSIS
rxterm [-l username] [-k] [-r rsh_args] [-x xterm_args] [-K kx_args] [-w term_emulator] [-b rsh_program] host [port] DESCRIPTION
The rxterm program starts an xterm window on host host. From this window you will also be able to run X clients that will be able to connect securely to your X server. If port is given, that port will be used instead of the default. The supported options are: -l Log in on the remote host as user username. -k Disable keep-alives. -r Send rsh_args as arguments to rsh. -x Send xterm_args as arguments to xterm. -X Send kx_args as arguments to kx. -w Use term_emulator instead of xterm. -b Use rsh_program instead of rsh. -v Be verbose. EXAMPLE
To login from host foo (where your display is) to host bar, you might do the following. 1. On foo: rxterm bar 2. You will get a new window running an xterm on host bar. In this window you will be able to start X clients. SEE ALSO
kx(1), rsh(1), rxtelnet(1), tenletxr(1), kxd(8) KTH_KRB April 11, 2003 KTH_KRB