Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk or perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk or perl Post 302254134 by mmoses on Monday 3rd of November 2008 05:58:38 PM
Old 11-03-2008
sorry for that..
assume that we have sampled value in different time:
file1: router1.dat
t load
60 10.26
120 11.52
180 11.52
240 12.00

where t(1)=60, y(1)=10.26, t(2)=120, y(2)=11.52, etc.

file2: sender1.dat
t estimated value
100 18.18
200 8.33
300 9.21
400 6.99
where t(1)=100, y(1)=18.18, t(2)=200, y(2)=8.33, etc.

in this case, i need to calculate the interpolation value, which is
y = y(i) + {(y(i+1) - y(i)) (t - t(i))} / {t(i+1) - t(i)}
as shown below
y = 10.26 + ({(11.52 - 10.69)}30)/60...

I hope, it doesn't give you any misunderstanding this time. I know, I should make it put an example at the first time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by otheus
Terribly sorry, but I don't get it. I don't know what you mean by y(i) or t(i). Maybe you can give an example. Again, we'll have to change this formula to i and i-1 instead of i+1 and i.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK embeded PERL

Hello Guys, I am refering to this great forum once again for help. After various attempts at this, I am still failing to obtain the desire effect. I have to write a perl script which: 1- reads two values from the user (e.g name & passwd) 2- check each value against a file containing the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bionicfysh
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to perl convert

Dear Collegue Do anybody help me to convert this AWK script to Perl script { for (i = 2; i <= length ($0); i++) { x = substr($0, i , 1) if (c > 0) { b = b x if (x == "(") c++ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command with PERL

Hi All, My Input file looks like below: Input: 100,200,300 $fw=`head -1 test.csv | awk -F, '{print \$1}'`; $fw="'$fw" $fw="$fw'" print $fw Output:'100' I want the first field to be printed in single quotes ('') like above. I could get the ouptput but the problem is single... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmkbuddy_1983
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using perl grep and awk

I have a script to get server information i wrote in perl because i would like to learn it (and I use it for work). It works great, however i would like to know if there is a good way to reduce the following line. Sean (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk vs perl

awk -F "|" '{print $2$3$4 upto $30}' file1 > file2 Same logic, i want to write it in perl I tried #!/bin/usr/perl my $line; open FH, "<file1" or die " Can't open file $!"; open FH1, ">file2" or die "Can't open file "; while (<FH1>){ $line = (split /\|/,$_); print FH2 $line;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - to -- PERL

DEAR ALL, i am using following command to fetch some records from more then 50000 files... command is taking more time .... can i have perl command for the same...( i am New to perl ) awk -F "|" '{ if($4==3244898 && $5==5000185) print $66}' *.DATA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

get value between <abc and > by perl, awk

Hi Everyone, cat 1.txt a <abc b vfff c 000> d 4444 the output is: <abcvfff000> by using perl or awk, can get the value betwee "<abc" and ">", assume 1.txt has lots of those tags, so the output can filter out all those values. Please advice. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and perl grouping.

Hello folks. After awk, i have decided to start to learn perl, and i need some help. I have following output : 1 a 1 b 2 k 2 f 3 s 3 p Now with awk i get desired output by issuing : awk ' { a = a FS $2 } END { for ( i in a) print i,a }' input 1 a b 2 k f 3 s p Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peasant
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the equivalent of NR (awk) in perl?

Hello, I searched online; it seems that perl use $NR as NR in awk; however it does not work for me. For example, how to re-write the following awk using perl: awk '{ print NR}' inputfile---------- Post updated at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:49 PM ---------- I found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting awk to perl

Hello. I'm trying to convert an awk script I wrote to perl (which I just started self-teaching). I tried the a2p command but I couldn't make sense of most of it. Here was the awk code: BEGIN{ FS = "," print "NAME\tLOW\tHIGH\tAVERAGE" a=0 } { if(a==0){ a+=1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
PS_LINETO(3)								 1							      PS_LINETO(3)

ps_lineto - Draws a line

SYNOPSIS
bool ps_lineto (resource $psdoc, float $x, float $y) DESCRIPTION
Adds a straight line from the current point to the given coordinates to the current path. Use ps_moveto(3) to set the starting point of the line. PARAMETERS
o $psdoc - Resource identifier of the postscript file as returned by ps_new(3). o $x - x-coordinate of the end point of the line. o $y - y-coordinate of the end point of the line. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Drawing a rectangle <?php $ps = ps_new(); if (!ps_open_file($ps, "rectangle.ps")) { print "Cannot open PostScript file "; exit; } ps_set_info($ps, "Creator", "rectangle.php"); ps_set_info($ps, "Author", "Uwe Steinmann"); ps_set_info($ps, "Title", "Lineto example"); ps_begin_page($ps, 596, 842); ps_moveto($ps, 100, 100); ps_lineto($ps, 100, 200); ps_lineto($ps, 200, 200); ps_lineto($ps, 200, 100); ps_lineto($ps, 100, 100); ps_stroke($ps); ps_end_page($ps); ps_delete($ps); ?> SEE ALSO
ps_moveto(3). PHP Documentation Group PS_LINETO(3)