Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK help for traces in NS2
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK help for traces in NS2 Post 302254051 by cyberalienfreak on Monday 3rd of November 2008 01:23:32 PM
Old 11-03-2008
Thank you so much for the reply Jim. I'm just trying to obtain the delay and overhead for the trace file here. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of how to work with awk, and how to parse the lines in the trace file. I used this awk file, as someone suggested it to me but its not of much help currently. If there's anything that can work better that would be fantastic. Once again, thank you so much for your time and help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing ethereal traces

Hi All........ i need a perl script that can trace the traces of the ethereal tool. PLZ help me out...............!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trupti_rinku
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Installing NS2 On Ubuntu Machine

I have to work with NS2 (Network Simulator)and i have to install it beforeusing it on Manets Simulations. Can some one Help me on this topic? Thank's (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakim19
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL in NS2

Hi all, I wrote a TCL script in NS2 which involves running multiple Voice and video sessions. Am not able to troubleshoot one error at all. Can anyone please help me please. I am ready to send the documents if possible. please please help me guys !! I am trying to solve the problem since... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehera
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Need help for getting hard-disk traces

When we write a programme,we declare variables and compiler allocates memory to them.I want to get access to the physical block number of hard-disk where actually the data is stored by the programme " Some one help me out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagraz007
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help for getting hard-disk traces

When we write a programme,we declare variables and compiler allocates memory to them.I want to get access to the physical block number of hard-disk where actually the data is stored by the programme " Some one help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagraz007
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

OLSR simulation in ns2

# Create the simulator object that we need in order to run NS set ns # Set the parameters that we will use for wireless communications set val(chan) Channel/WirelessChannel ;# channel type set val(prop) Propagation/TwoRayGround ;# radio-propagation model set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amithkhandakar
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Issue with ns2 - no throughput data

Hello, First time poster here hoping to get some help with ns2. I've recently started using ns2(first time user) but I'm having difficulty getting the results I'm after. I am trying to set up a network with wireless nodes(5-15 nodes) and then use xgraph to display a timing diagram,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnicksMan
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Issue with Ns2.29

Hello, I am a beginner in Ns2 . I'am trying to run the example attached bu I have this errors : Simulation is running ... please wait ... can't read "Node_(7)": no such element in array while executing "return $Node_($id)" (procedure "_o3" line 3) (Simulator get-node-by-id... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yotta15
0 Replies

9. Programming

regarding adding fields to DSR protocol in ns2.34

hi i am student doing project in ns2.34. i hav to add field in route cache and packet of DSR routing protocol. which files hv to be changed...pl help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khubalkar
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)