Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Deny logon for x hours if login failed x times Post 302254025 by dangral on Monday 3rd of November 2008 11:35:55 AM
Old 11-03-2008
Have a look at Fail2ban.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to block the IP after many times fail login?

Hi, there. I am using Red Hat 9 to run my web server. Recently I found lots tempts from different IP addresses tried to login into my system. I am not sure if they are the same person or not. Since this server is only for web hosting purpose for couple of my friends and myself, so it is very easy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

2. AIX

Number of login times

Hi! I'm currently using AIX 4.3 and would like to know where can i find to see that there's a restriction on the number of login times a user can have. Example, I want to see whether user A has only 1 login while user B can have 2 logins (without logging off the first one). Would I be able to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftengcheng
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help script for login times

I am new to shellscript . PLease help me how can I write the following script. $ who ray pts/0 aug 31 01:18 ( 65.169.28.200 ) ray pts/1 sep 2 02:28 ( 65.169.28.200 ) bob pts/3 sep 2 02:31 ( 65.169.28.201 ) when run the command who |./ script , the script should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAY
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Last Failed Login

Hi, Would appreciate it if someone could shed me some light here as I'm yet to find any related information in this forum with regards to my problem. Basically, I would like to display "Last Unsuccessful login" information when a user successfully logs-in to the system. I can't seem to find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilberteu
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Deny root remote login help

I'm attempting to deny a user's ability to login as root through any remote means - ie telnet or ssh. I've read most of the threads that I can find on this site and I've looked at BigAdmin on Sun's site. I have done what has been suggested here and on BigAdmin which is to make sure that the line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
5 Replies

6. Solaris

FTP login failed.

Hi guys, Can you please help me. I have SUN V100 server running solaris 8. I also have a Redhat Linux 6.2 machine and a windows XP machine on the network. I'm trying to copy files from the Linux and XP machines to the V100 server. When I try to ftp to the solaris machine, I'm challenged... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Console Login Failed..

Dear Unix Team, This is sudhansu once again. I need some tips on below issue. Sometimes we got calls from customer that their console got hangged means they are not able to access the server through console ip. in that case "resetsc -y" will resolve the issue. 2. But couple of days... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System call failed with 127 .. after 500 times when called in loop

Hi Experts, I have a code like this. ===== #include.... int main() { int count = 0; while(1){ printf("\n Interation number is: %d \n ",count); rv = system(" test.sh > log.txt " ); if (-1 == rv) { printf("Could not generate static log: error... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyjeshan
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit a user's login prompt upon logon

Hey Am new to scripting in aix 5.3 I need to write a script to limit a user's logon prompt to an interactive menu based upon logon and nothing else. Any ideas much appreciated. :wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mills
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Dynamically ban ip after failed login

Hello, I need some help with network/firewall settings in Solaris 11.3. What I want to achieve is that if someone tries to log in to my server and fails I want that IP to be banned for some time. So if a computer/user tries to login to my ssh-server on a specified port (normally 22) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
2 Replies
LEAVE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  LEAVE(1)

NAME
leave -- remind you when you have to leave SYNOPSIS
leave [[+]hhmm] DESCRIPTION
leave waits until the specified time (within the next 12 hours), then reminds you that you have to leave by writing to the TTY that you exe- cuted leave on. You are reminded 5 minutes and 1 minute before the actual time, at the time, and every minute thereafter. When you log off, leave exits just before it would have printed the next message. OPTIONS
hhmm The time of day is in the form hhmm where hh is a time in hours (on a 12 or 24 hour clock), and mm are minutes. However, all times are converted to a 12 hour clock, and assumed to be in the next 12 hours. An attempt to set an alarm for farther into the future will be truncated to within the next 12 hours. + If the time is preceded by '+', the alarm will go off in hours and minutes from the current time. If no argument is given, leave prompts with "When do you have to leave?" A reply of newline causes leave to exit, otherwise the reply is assumed to be a time. This form is suitable for inclusion in a ~/.login or ~/.profile. SEE ALSO
calendar(1), csh(1), sh(1) HISTORY
The leave command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
In the modern age with X(1) and window multiplexing programs like window(1) and screen(1), the leave command's reminders and admonitions might not be seen if the user has the window where leave was started minimized or obscured. This all begs for a more general user notifications system to be implemented. BSD
January 19, 2002 BSD