Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 'df -k .' on remote server
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 'df -k .' on remote server Post 302253945 by dddkiran on Monday 3rd of November 2008 06:51:11 AM
Old 11-03-2008
'df -k .' on remote server

Hi!

I need to execte 'df -k <path>' on remote server in my script and need to validate the output of that command.

i tried

ssh username@hostname 'df -k .'

but here i need to enter password externally, is there is any command i can pass username, password and hostname of the remote server

like " ssh username/password@hostname 'df -k .' "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a script runned in local server access remote server?

Hi, Im creating a script that is supposed to run commands on remote server using sftp. My script is as below: #!/bin/ksh sftp remote_server mypassword cd /u08/mydir/allfiles mget * .. But this is what I got when I runned the script: Connecting to remote server...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

5. Programming

SFTP from one remote server to another remote server from desktop

Hi, I have 1. lappy 2. server A 3. server B Now, what i need is to run a command from lappy that will sftp a file from server A to server B. Please guide me to achieve this. -akash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)