Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: $? means?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers $? means? Post 302253938 by mathur on Monday 3rd of November 2008 06:36:13 AM
Old 11-03-2008
thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what it means?

I have a command called cd $HDRROOT/release/tools/cfg My query is what it means? tHat is.... $HDRROOT part is not clear. If I put this command it says path not found.... I doubt that $HDRROOT is trying to mean smething I am not clear of. PL help......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone tell me what this means..???

I found a file in my base folder width the name replace.sh and width the text string. sed -i "s/$1/$2/g" `grep -ir $1 ./*|grep -v '.svn'|cut -d: -f1` Wat does it mean and what does it do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samarn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

$$ means?

hey, what's $$varname in a script? I used to see $varname only. search on google didn't help. thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you tell me what this means?

Can you please tell me what this means? use grep to find from the file myfile.txt all lines containing the sequence tt but not more 2 ts? I have no idea. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushhour
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What means %U

I can not find out what the %U means in the following command: ooffice -calc %U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

!! what is this means

I have a script like select * from table !! what those exclamation marks mean (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does . means?

Hi, I have seen in some ksh script, that we are executing shell scripts inside other shell script as . variable.sh What is . here? Their is space between . and variabloe. And why we are not executing it like ./variable.sh? I know that . signifies current directory , but what its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
2 Replies

8. Programming

What does it means?

#define abc '\xE8' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh33
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is $(NF) means?

HI what does the $(NF) means. here i want to understand the working. what i know is that in awk NF argument will tell number of column in a file i have below file alpha a beta b if i use command cat kv | paste - - | awk '{print $1," "$2 "------>"$(NF)}' i get the o/p as alpha ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
IXPC(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   IXPC(1)

NAME
ixpc - ixp client SYNOPSIS
ixpc [-a address] action file ixpc -v DESCRIPTION
Overview ixpc is a client to access a 9P file server from the command line or from shell scripts. It can be used to configure wmii(1). Options -a address Lets you specify the address to which ixpc will establish a connection. If this option is not supplied, and the environment variable IXP_ADDRESS is set, ixpc will use this value as its address. Currently, the address can only be a unix socket file or a tcp socket. The syntax for address is taken (along with many other profound ideas) from the Plan 9 operating system and has the form unix!/path/to/socket for unix socket files, and tcp!hostname!port for tcp sockets. -v Prints version information to stdout, then exits. The syntax of the actions is as follows: write Writes the supplied data from the standard input to file, overwriting any previous data. The data to be written is arbitrary and only gains meaning (and restrictions) when it is interpreted by wmiiwm(1). See EXAMPLES below. xwrite The same as write, but the data is taken from subsequent arguments, rather than the standard input. create Creates file or directory. If the file exists, nothing is done. ls Lists files and directories. read Reads file or directory contents. remove Removes file or directory tree. ENVIRONMENT
IXP_ADDRESS See above. EXAMPLES
ixpc ls / This prints the root directory of the wmii filesystem, if IXP_ADDRESS is set to the address of wmii. For more information about the contents of this filesystem, see wmiiwm(1). ixpc xwrite /ctl quit Write 'quit' to the main control file of the wmii filesystem, effectively leaving wmii. ixpc write /keys < keys.txt Replace the contents of /keys with the contents of keys.txt SEE ALSO
wmii(1) http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/sys/man/5/INDEX.html ixpc-VERSION IXPC(1)