Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to invoke Cold Backups Post 302253826 by northern1969 on Sunday 2nd of November 2008 09:34:35 PM
Old 11-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilannic
Any particular reason why you want to do this in perl? If you are just calling a bunch of other scripts, it would be simpler to just invoke them from a shell script.
The script needs to be platform independent.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need a script to do daily backups

So I have a set of directories and files that I need to backup from /directory1/ to /directory2/ each night. I have some UNIX/SSH knowledge but don't assume I know a whole lot b/c I would hate to screw something up. Here's the knowledge I have: I can access my server via SSH and can navigate to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPigford
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to invoke shell script

hi everybody, i learning unix now only.Can u pls guide me in invoking a shell script.Actually i need to know how to write the command for invoking the shell script.Suppose the shell file name is count , then how i will write the command. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopa_mani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke same script twice

hey, can I invoke the same script twice simultaneously? I want both instances to run at the same time with different parameters. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke perl program from Ksh

Hi all, Can I invoke a perl script from Ksh script and pass parameters to the perl script. Please do help me.. thanks Maha (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to invoke a perl script from java program

Hi: I need to invoke a perl script from a java applet program in UNIX operating system.. Can you please suggest me!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke Perl function from Bash ?

Is it possible to invoke a perl function from a bash script ? There are existing perl scripts with many functions that I want to reuse from a more recent script written in bash. Hence the question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewDeb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a bash script with perl

Hi all, I use the perl script to invoke the bash script. and now there is a problem. my bash script lists as follows: and I use perl run this test scripts now the problem is when I run the perl script I find there is nothing recorded in the file /tmp/jdk.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

invoke one script based on previous script execution

I am database guy and not very good at shell scripts. I am seeking help to sharp my script coding. I have 5 scripts 1. master script. I use this one to call other four scripts to do database work. 2. db_backup_1 and log_backup_1 3. db_backup_2 and log_backup_2 in master script, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need perl script on cold backup in Oracle 10 g

Hi , I am new to Perl script.Can u please provide me perl scripts for the following: 1. Perl script on Cold backup in Oracle 10g 2.Perl script on Hot backup in Oracle 10g (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niharika Srivas
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Depend on Script message needs to be invoke anothe script

I have script below #! /bin/bash if then echo "JBoss is NOT running" else echo "JBoss is running" fi If JBoss is NOT running need to be invoke another script i.e jboss startup script /home/vizion/Desktop/jboss-4.2.3.GA/bin/run.sh script from other script not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
5 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.10.0 2008-04-04 SIEVESHELL(1)