Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User information script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers User information script Post 302253774 by rc1138 on Sunday 2nd of November 2008 10:52:30 AM
Old 11-02-2008
Shell would be Bash and a valid phone number would be
###-###-####

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

view user account information

How can dump the user account detail? like how long need to change password, password naming policy, how many times will lock account if login failed.. thk a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
0 Replies

2. Linux

Viewing user accound information

How can dump the user account detail? like how long need to change password, password naming policy, how many times will lock account if login failed.. thk a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zp523444
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

FTP user information on destination server

Could any one please tell me how to check the ftp users information on the destination server ( Hp-UX ) ? Source server used to do FTP to my server ( that is destination server ) . Now , he is getting error that login is incorrect and unable to login into destination server . Please tell me how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randhir
3 Replies

4. Solaris

command to retrieve user information

Hi, I want the command to retrieve the existing user information such as * authorization * Profile * role * exipre(expiration date of login) * inactive please tell me how to do that Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find user information from NIS client

Hi All, I have logged into a solaris NIS server by using NIS username and password in an clinet machine, how can i get my user details like in which group iam whats my user ID , group ID etc....... Kindly help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: judi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to see the root information from user loging account?

Hi friends when ever user tried to loging to the server from the user account.we can see the from who -u command.this was fine shut@erpqas $ who -u ipadmin pts/1 Mar 18 16:05 old 157 (10.5.23.74) ipadmin pts/3 Mar 19 08:29 old 11076 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for user login information.

Hi Gurus, I need help in writing a script which should say which user has used or logged in in the server from past one month using FTP or TELNET and the output should be of the form Username Service NumberofTimes Date. Thanks in Advance. ---------- Post updated at 04:01 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create a shell script to gather user account information and displays the result to administrator

I want to create a shell script to gather user account information and displays the result to administrator. I have created a script but its showing all the information when i search for username like: amit@mx:~$ ./uinfo.sh amit Username : amit User Info ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit1986
2 Replies
phones(4)							   File Formats 							 phones(4)

NAME
phones - remote host phone number database SYNOPSIS
/etc/phones DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/phones contains the system-wide private phone numbers for the tip(1) program. /etc/phones is normally unreadable, and so may contain privileged information. The format of /etc/phones is a series of lines of the form: <system-name>[ ]*<phone-number>. The system name is one of those defined in the remote(4) file and the phone number is constructed from [0123456789-=*%]. The `=' and `*' characters are indicators to the auto call units to pause and wait for a second dial tone (when going through an exchange). The `=' is required by the DF02-AC and the `*' is required by the BIZCOMP 1030. Comment lines are lines containing a `#' sign in the first column of the line. Only one phone number per line is permitted. However, if more than one line in the file contains the same system name tip(1) will attempt to dial each one in turn, until it establishes a connection. FILES
/etc/phones SEE ALSO
tip(1), remote(4) SunOS 5.10 14 Jan 1992 phones(4)