Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create a cronjob
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a cronjob Post 302253771 by heinzSchmolke on Sunday 2nd of November 2008 10:20:13 AM
Old 11-02-2008
Thanks well. You don't have to write the whole script, a first draft would be absolutely enough so I can adapt it to my own needs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob

Please can someone help me. I need to set up a cron job to measure CPU usage, Disk I/O and memory usage over a period of 1 minute along with the number of users logged into the system. I also need to send it to another user besides myself every hour. Please can someone help me! Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

CronJob

Dear Guru, I have submitted some cronjobs that has been running for quite sometimes. However, today I counter some cronjob did not run. Can you please explain what causes this to happen. Any system setting that limit number of cronjob per minutes to be started, etc? Thanks. Kelly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcng08
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjob

hi iam new at unix.iam running a cronjob,which i want to run on the first day of every month at 1AM.this is what i have specified: 00 01 1 * * is this corect? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiz83
1 Replies

4. Solaris

at vs cronjob

HI, What is the differnece between at / con job? thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob

Hi, I'm totally new to shell scripting. I need help in my crontab script. I'm trying to read some values from user (username, log file directory, server) and then use those value to create a crontab for log rotation after some interval of time. creating crontabs manually isn't big deal.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cronjob help

Hi I am very new to linux. I want to run a cronjob every 15 minutes that checks a directory for files. If the directory contains more than ten files I want it to send an email to me. All I have is this... */15 * * * * ls -l | wc -l | | mail -s "This is just a test" I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxNewb
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a cronjob for the 3rd business day of every month?

Hello, Can you please help me out in creating a cronjob that runs every 3rd business day of the month. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AReddy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cronjob

How to set cronjob for 48 hours. I can set for 2 days as shown below. * * */2 * * It is creating confusion for 30 days & 31 days per month. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
3 Replies
PERLDIG(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       PERLDIG(1p)

NAME
perldig - Dig up keywords in the local Perl documentation SYNOPSIS
# Update the index (required before first start) perldig -u # Search for a keyword perldig keyword(s) DESCRIPTION
When using "perldig" for the first time, a new index needs to be created. Just call $ perldig -u and everything happens automatically: A crawler will detect locally installed Perl documentation pages, rummage through the POD and index them. When this initial run has been completed, "perldig" is ready to process search requests: $ perldig frobnicate 1) pod/perlguts.pod 2) pod/perlxstut.pod 3) pod/perlnewmod.pod Enter number of choice: The command above shows a search for the keyword "frobnicate". Yes, that's a word used in the Perl documentation! It shows three hits and asks the user to enter a number between 1 and 3 to open the selected documentation page in a pager program (typically "less"). In there, an in-text search for the expression can be started by using the "/" (slash) command. If two or more keywords are given, the search will yield pages that contain all of them. When searching for phrases, please include quotes (make sure to quote the quotes so the shell doesn't eat them): $ perldig '"floating point"' The underlying swish-e search engine also understands expressions connected via AND and OR: $ perldig "'floating point' AND approximate AND 'real number'" To keep the index up to date, it is probably a good idea to run a cronjob every morning: 00 4 * * * /usr/bin/perldig -u >/dev/null 2>&1 If you can read German, please check out this article in the "Linux- Magazin", where this script was originally published: http://www.linux-magazin.de/Artikel/ausgabe/2003/10/perl/perl.html EXAMPLES
# Update/create the index $ perldig -u $ perldig frobnicate 1) pod/perlguts.pod 2) pod/perlxstut.pod 3) pod/perlnewmod.pod Enter number of choice: 1 [ ... perlguts man page shows ... ] FILES
"perldig" puts the swish-e index files into the folder ".perldig" in the user's home directory. LEGALESE
Copyright 2003-2005 by Mike Schilli, all rights reserved. This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
2003, Mike Schilli <m@perlmeister.com> perl v5.12.4 2005-08-22 PERLDIG(1p)