Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fstab question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers fstab question Post 302253715 by Annihilannic on Sunday 2nd of November 2008 02:12:08 AM
Old 11-02-2008
Agreed!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

/etc/fstab

I've created a new drive and i've added it to my fstab file but on startup it will not mount. here is how i put it into my fstab file, is that right? /dev/hdb2 /disk2a ext3 defaults 1 2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

bdf , /etc/fstab , /etc/mnttab

Hi all, Would like to know if it is possible to rearrange the order that mounts are displayed when the 'bdf' command is issued. An example of what I mean is, currently I see the following ... $ bdf -l Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 524288 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FSTAB Problem

Hello, I transferred a machine from a tape back into a virtual machine. I created several paritions so I could xfter the date into them and made sda1 the active one. When I try and boot the VM it does not work. I used KNOPPIX to create the partitions and transfer the information from the tape... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Using a variable in fstab

We have a load of servers which require cloning in VMWare, each of which have their own area on netapp for storage. I was trying to be a bit clever and use a variable within /etc/fstab so I dont need to edit it every time like so; netapp:/vol/vol_nfs_server/servers/`hostname | sed 's/\./ /g' |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fstab

hi , i'm creating a shell script using fstab for my project of last year, i wonder you can help me to know what is the command allow me to get the list of unmounted partitions. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux001
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

fstab question

I have created a thumbdrive with a bootable version of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, it uses Grub legacy. One of the issues I have is that everytime I boot a new system from the thumbdrive, it writes entries for the partitions in the fstab. Consequently, when I boot another system, the OS reads the fstab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Mount /etc/fstab

Can you please help me mount below filesystem in fstab ( I have rhel 5 ) as the line is long - it is not taking as single line How can break this in 2 line and act as one ....please help ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount/fstab Question . . .

Greetings! Got another basic question for the community :) After wiping a drive with dd, and calling mkfs.ext4 to set things up again, fstab seems to need to be refreshed somehow to allow a call to mount for the volume. What might the "secret handshake" be to pull this off without first... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/fstab mount issue

I have a virtual machine with Redhat installed . I am trying to link CD/DVD Drive 1 to /media/cdrom1 and CD/DVD Drive 0 to /media/cdrom0 I tried making these changed in /etc/fstab by adding the below line to it /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterthered
2 Replies

10. Linux

/etc/fstab entries

Hi, Can anyone explain why we use defaults 0 0 in fstab and what does 0 inidicate 10.250.104.50:/home/u /home/u nfs defaults 0 0 Thanks in advance Muzaffar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
3 Replies
avc_context_to_sid(3)					     SELinux API documentation					     avc_context_to_sid(3)

NAME
avc_context_to_sid, avc_sid_to_context, avc_get_initial_sid - obtain and manipulate SELinux security ID's SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> #include <selinux/avc.h> int avc_context_to_sid(security_context_t ctx, security_id_t *sid); int avc_sid_to_context(security_id_t sid, security_context_t *ctx); int avc_get_initial_sid(const char *name, security_id_t *sid); DESCRIPTION
Security ID's (SID's) are opaque representations of security contexts, managed by the userspace AVC. avc_context_to_sid() returns a SID for the given context in the memory referenced by sid. avc_sid_to_context() returns a copy of the context represented by sid in the memory referenced by ctx. The user must free the copy with freecon(3). avc_get_initial_sid() returns a SID for the kernel initial security identifier specified by name. RETURN VALUE
avc_context_to_sid() and avc_sid_to_context() return zero on success. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOMEM An attempt to allocate memory failed. NOTES
As of libselinux version 2.0.86, SID's are no longer reference counted. A SID will be valid from the time it is first obtained until the next call to avc_destroy(3). The sidget(3) and sidput(3) functions, formerly used to adjust the reference count, are no-ops and are depre- cated. AUTHOR
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@tycho.nsa.gov> SEE ALSO
avc_init(3), avc_has_perm(3), avc_cache_stats(3), avc_add_callback(3), getcon(3), freecon(3), selinux(8) 27 May 2004 avc_context_to_sid(3)