Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripts and basics
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripts and basics Post 302253661 by cfajohnson on Saturday 1st of November 2008 06:12:17 PM
Old 11-01-2008

It's not clear what you want to do, but you can find a number of shell functions for manipulating dates in chapter 8 or my book, which chapter is online at The Dating Game.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Basics

I want to learn UNIX, but I have a few questions. If anybody could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. First, I've decided I'm going to use Red Hat Linux and I've been told the only difference between 7.2 and the Professional (besides the price), is the tech support that you'll receive. Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulSF
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

character I/O basics

Hello! I have an application that needs user input. For testing, I created a text file and redirected it as input for the application. # test_app < input.txt This works, but never ends(keeps on getting last char), and it goes too fast. I would like to create a script that pushes characters... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: starless
8 Replies

3. AIX

DB2 basics

Dear friends I am going to study DB2 and i dont have any experience with any DB's.. Please provide me with some links or pdf's for DB2 starters. any advice will be very usefull (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk basics

Hi, Please tell me where can I get started with awk..like the basics and the whole awk stuff. Regards, Deepti (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Basics

Hello , Everyone , I want to know the Aix Basics and how it works ,hardware related problems and solution etc. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narendram
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me with basics

hello everyone i have to start with unix as it is a part of my training programme and i have to do a self study, i dont know where to start from. i need some basic questions to be answerd like why we use unix ? what is a terminal? what is an editor? why we write commands inside terminal? these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryancool
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just started using UNIX, im at the basics and my scripts broken.

echo "Hi $username, guess what my favourite colour is!" count=0 while ] do read colour if then $count=1 echo "See ya later!" elif then $count=1 echo "You guessed correctly! Great job!"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solomonsnare
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Basics

Hello, 1) I am trying to get involved in UNIX for educational purposes so I have installed the latest Ubuntu edition 12.04. Do you know another package that I could use it instead for educational purposes? 2)What is the difference between "~$" and "/$" (it comes with cd / and cd ~) .The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iwn
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)